flame angel

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LFSrbad

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
i just got a flame angel and it didnt eat the first day what should i feed it tommorow?

for future reference dont feed fish on the first day u get them. try soaking the food in garlic if it doesnt seem interested in eating.

the fish is stressed out from the move and it wont do any good to feed it. and your lfs may have already fed it today anyways. and many people feed every other day or every 2 days.

i think that the fish bearly arrived from there provider that gets them from the ocean. should i be worried becaues it hasnt eaten yet. will it get ich becaues my blue tang has it?

do you have a qt? to tell you the truth, getting a fish when you have a fish that has ich was a bad move. we will work around that though! =]

please help me i think the blue tang will die becaues it didnt eat today.

no i dont have a qt.

if it dies will i get rid of the ich?

i think the royal gramma is getting it to :(

ok to treat ich you pretty much need a qt. what else is in the tank? you might be able to treat for ich.

blue tang, royal gramma

salfin tang, mimic tang, flame angel, cinammon clown, cleaner shrimp.

so no corals, no other inverts?
Edit:actually, i was thinking hyposalinity. i cant really remember but im fairly certain that even this has to be done in a qt. the only way to get rid of ich is get the host out of the tank, treat it, and starve the ich. im not the most expirenced on this topic. ive never had an encounter thank god. i know of 3 ways to treat it. copper medication (needs to be done in qt), hyposalinity (qt again), and just hope (not the best way).

How do you know it has ich? Do you see salt like grains on the fish? How about posting some water test results so we can rule that out. If you have ich in the tank you should not be buying new fish. What size tank do you have?

Water parameters? How long has this tank been set up? How long have you had the PB tang?

I usually skip a day or two in feeding my fish. There are a lot of people out there that feed 2 or 3 times a week and thats it. Give us a little more information about your system. The best thing to do is remove the infected fish and treat in a QT tank.

the blue tang is dead already :(. does that mean i have no more ich?

No the parasite is still in the tank. Read those articles I posted about in your ich thread.

Back
Top Bottom