flea powder

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

burf420

Aquarium Advice Activist
Dies anyone know what i can do if my daughter put flea powder in my aquarium

Do a MASSIVE water change! Like 90 percent immediatley. Then use your test kit and test your water. Did you see her put it in?

Massive water change would probably be best thing. Am no chemist but I imagine whatever is in the flea powder is not going to be good for the fish. I would do 75% or more followed by another the same size and as soon as possible contact the manufacturer of the powder and consult them.

PS You need to post this or have it moved to the unhealthy fish section, this is the section for people to show off new fish. You need the sick fish section. contact a moderator.

I dont know how to.conta t moderator. What would i test for in the water?? I did a thirty percent change.all i had tint for on my lunch break.will do a huge one after work.my water is testing perfect.. Are my fish already screwed or do i remove then

What you are trying to do is replace/ dissipate the flea powder in the water. The only way to do that is too keep doing large water changes in the 75 % range. Then test, you may have to recycle your tank over again the flea powder killing your Benefical bacteria in the water. You need to test for Ammonia, PH, niTRITE, and nitrATE, You'll need an API LIQUID Test kit. This may be the only way to save your fish. Has anyone died? Have you locked your flea powder up? and you may want to lock up your fish cabinet as well. Kids love to dump the entire can of food.

Back
Top Bottom