Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > New Acquisitions
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
 
Old 11-25-2013, 04:03 PM   #11
Aquarium Advice FINatic
 
ddodad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 554
Any update on the shrimp? My lfs said they might be getting a couple next week
__________________

__________________
ddodad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 04:16 PM   #12
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
shellyx's Avatar


 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: scotland
Posts: 4,236
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddodad View Post
Any update on the shrimp? My lfs said they might be getting a couple next week
Hi, ddodad how are you? My shrimp are doing great thanks no issues with them. I'm actually really enjoying keeping them, really interesting guy's

Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20131125_201221.jpg
Views:	181
Size:	65.7 KB
ID:	209200
__________________

__________________
70 gallon elephant nose tank, Gonzo the elephant nose and friends!
30gallon borara merah and brigittae green, red longfin bristlenose, shrimp, ninja, taiwan,bamboo, and snails.
shellyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 04:22 PM   #13
Aquarium Advice FINatic
 
ddodad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 554
Quote:
Originally Posted by shellyx View Post
Hi, ddodad how are you? My shrimp are doing great thanks no issues with them. I'm actually really enjoying keeping them, really interesting guy's
I'm pretty good as always dealing with issues with the kids, but not going to complain and you? I am looking forward to when my lfs gets them. I am pretty sure I will be able to put them into my planted community tank
__________________
ddodad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 04:29 PM   #14
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
shellyx's Avatar


 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: scotland
Posts: 4,236
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddodad View Post

I'm pretty good as always dealing with issues with the kids, but not going to complain and you? I am looking forward to when my lfs gets them. I am pretty sure I will be able to put them into my planted community tank
I'm fine thanks same as you one thing after another! Hope you get them really cool to see. Make sure you post pics when you get them.
__________________
70 gallon elephant nose tank, Gonzo the elephant nose and friends!
30gallon borara merah and brigittae green, red longfin bristlenose, shrimp, ninja, taiwan,bamboo, and snails.
shellyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 04:44 PM   #15
member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 295
How big do they get ? Can they be in a 3 gallon with 2 mystery snails ? The tank is heated and filtered and is at 71-72 degrees , can they pinch you ? And will it destroy my bettas fins ? Lol sorry for asking so much questions
__________________
Fish_lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 04:49 PM   #16
Aquarium Advice FINatic
 
ddodad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 554
Quote:
Originally Posted by shellyx View Post
I'm fine thanks same as you one thing after another! Hope you get them really cool to see. Make sure you post pics when you get them.
If and when I get them I will for sure post some pics. My bamboo shrimp are doing amazing I lost one those buggers like to escape, I think they will get along in the community tank
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish_lover View Post
How big do they get ? Can they be in a 3 gallon with 2 mystery snails ? The tank is heated and filtered and is at 71-72 degrees , can they pinch you ? And will it destroy my bettas fins ? Lol sorry for asking so much questions
Personally I think that's way too small for them. They will not hurt any tank mates from my research. They are filter feeders so they need current. Someone correct my if I'm with but they can reach 4-6 inches
__________________
ddodad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 04:59 PM   #17
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
shellyx's Avatar


 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: scotland
Posts: 4,236
Your right ddodad, they get pretty big up to 6 inches I've actually seen bigger! My two have there own tank with my snail's they were suppose to go in my 53 but it just didn't work.
__________________
70 gallon elephant nose tank, Gonzo the elephant nose and friends!
30gallon borara merah and brigittae green, red longfin bristlenose, shrimp, ninja, taiwan,bamboo, and snails.
shellyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 06:13 PM   #18
Aquarium Advice FINatic
 
ddodad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 554
Quote:
Originally Posted by shellyx View Post
Your right ddodad, they get pretty big up to 6 inches I've actually seen bigger! My two have there own tank with my snail's they were suppose to go in my 53 but it just didn't work.
Let me guess your elephant nose didn't approve
__________________
ddodad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 06:16 PM   #19
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
shellyx's Avatar


 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: scotland
Posts: 4,236
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddodad View Post
Let me guess your elephant nose didn't approve
How did you guess! My husband had to rescue him from under the filter housing, poor Shrimpy lol
__________________
70 gallon elephant nose tank, Gonzo the elephant nose and friends!
30gallon borara merah and brigittae green, red longfin bristlenose, shrimp, ninja, taiwan,bamboo, and snails.
shellyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 06:20 PM   #20
Aquarium Advice FINatic
 
ddodad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 554
My wife saw one and wanted to add it to our main tank I quickly remembered yours and how anti social it is. Right now we can't afford a new tank so no elephant nose yet
__________________

__________________
ddodad is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off








» Photo Contest Winners








Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:57 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.