Got Kribs? I do!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lmw80

Aquarium Advice Addict
I have wanted a pair of kribs for a while, but never did anything about it. Well, I decided to move my gourami from the 20 long to the 46 bowfront with the killifish, danios, black neon tetras and bottom dwellers. I put the kribs in my 20 long with the one surviving neon tetra, lol, and bottom dwellers.

FawnN overnighted me 3 kribs! 2 males and a female. They are doing wonderfully! I am so excited, thanks FawnN!

Now it's picture time!

Ok, first we have Ramses (blue gourami) adjusting to his new home in the 46 gallon:

ramsesnewhome1.jpg

Here's Norman inspecting Ramses inspecting his new home, lol
ramsesnewhome2.jpg

Here is Ramses inspecting the killifish
ramsesnewhome3.jpg

Next, we have the pictures of the 3 kribs (one is male and she gave me 2 females to ensure that one of them turns out to be a female when they grow up, and she said if I end up not having a female in the end, she will ship one to me at no cost)

kribs3.jpg

kribs2.jpg

kribs1.jpg

kribs4.jpg

If for some reason that doesn't work out Lori, I would be more then happy to send you another female. I've got about 3 more young females left.

I would be more then happy to replace any of them if you are not happy. :D

ok, so the one that was showing a red belly isn't anymore, so now I can't tell the two small ones apart, lol.

They've got some growing to do until you can really tell the difference. I find it easier to tell the sex when you look at their anal fin and dorsal fin.

When they are fully extended you will see that the females are round and the males will come to a distinct point.

Don't worry Lori, if I sent you all males, I will send you another definite female that I've been squirling away. LOL :D

Just a couple shots of 2 of my fish, the first is Stay Puff-a small pearlscale goldfish and the second is of Santa.
sorry, still working on how to post a picture. :oops:

I copied and pasted your link and got to see the goldy. Very cute. :D

Congrats Lori!! Nice kribs. :D

that picture of norman inspecting ramses inspecting his new home is now the desktop for my work computer :)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom