Got myself some small frags today...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Civicman86

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Well I went to the store to get another turbo snail to help keep the tank clean. Then I saw a tank 2 frags for 10 bucks. I got myself a leather and a polyp. THey both look really cool. Do you just set them where ever and they grow out or have do you keep them down on the rock?

BTW some are on small rock particles and some look to be on some like stick looking things. Im going to get some pics later when i a friend brings his nice camera over. Is it ok just to place them in the tank on their current rock peices?

well you can use some safe frag glue or if you sit them between rocks they will eventually attach. i just set mine by some live rock where i wanted it and another in a whole in the live rock and after a month they are good and steady and no more setting them upright after the sand sifter knokced them over. just a questions you know all the light reqiurements to right ?

yup i got 90 watts for my 10g

So if i just sit them on the rock wedged in they will attach to th bigger rock later? I just dont want them to sit on the same rock they are on lol.

Congrats on the new frags. Nice price too. I'd place them toward the bottom of the tank. You'll also want to secure them somehow. Superglue gel works, or you could just use some cotton thread and tie them down. Looking forward to some pics. :D

Just seen your new post, to get them to move off the rock they are on, try placing the rock up against the rock you want them to move to. There are other options but I'll save them til I find out what you have. :wink:

Updated pics of the new stuff....

Does anyone know what this is? The bottom is spiky like you can see in the pics, and the top is very soft. It never opened up all night.
Coral4.jpg

Starting to come out. All of them came out by the end of the night.
Coral3.jpg

Shroom coming out
Coral5.jpg

Chillin in the breeze
Coral2.jpg

My Shroom and unkown side by side
Coral1.jpg

To attach them you can also use a product called "Aquamend" ... Home Depot sells it in the paint dept., it's kind of like a paste that you roll between your finger and then stick it to the bottom of the rock your frag is attached to and then place it where you want! It hardens completely in about an hour!

Cool Frags by the way!!!

Jermz

Back
Top Bottom