Help! My fish has got really sick:(

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fishylover2011

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi! I have treated my fish with 3 antibiotics as they showed signs of sickness( fatigue, fungus, swimming rarely, fins clamped down)
I have 2 blackmoors and 1 goldfish. Since the antibiotics I have seen slight improvement in the blackmoor but the goldfish is getting worse. I have done 50% water change every week and put new filter in. I also got the water tested and the readings were as follows:
Ammonia 0
Nitrite 0.5
Nitrate 40
Ph 7
Gh 11
Kh 9
Now the nitrite is bad level so I am putting in nitrivec everyday for 14 days.
Today I have noticed my goldfish has blister like things on each side gil. And now one side is red like it's bleeding. I will try attach a photo.
Please can someone tell me what to do nxt???
I am so sad and dnt know what to do. Would appreciate good advice xx

Attachments

• image-430557984.jpg
    image-430557984.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 119
  • image-3228575144.jpg
    image-3228575144.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 158
The better thing for your fish and your nitrites would have been to do large PWCs, especially considering this illness. That's what I would suggest.

Your fish could be getting burns from the nitrite, so do a large PWC. Also, if you see fungus, you should use an anti-fungal medicine, not an antibiotic, which attacks bacterial infections. Try to feed mashed, de-shelled, boiled peas to assist in overall health and digestion, continue to do regular PWC's, and consider an antifungal medicine if you still see fungus.

What is your aquarium setup? I will try to solve your problem based on some of my experience. I have had many aquariums and lots of different setups. Most of the time their are a lot of combinations that cause one singular noticeable change. I will need information about the setup and bio load. Also the latest water history and what things you have tried.

Back
Top Bottom