How to travel with saltwater corals

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

gamoto111

Aquarium Advice Newbie
What is the best way to transport saltwater corals? I live in Georgia, I'm in Florida and would like to pick up some corals. I've been told to put a bubbler in the water. I've also been told to not use the bubbler to just take a cup and scoop up the water that the corals are in and pour it back...
I'm traveling in an RV. And it will be a two day trip back home before I can get the corals in to my saltwater tank.

I am that crazy too. Hope you find some fun stuff.

Not completely sure if you can use a small heater on your trip home, but a bubbler would help. Though corals are shipped over night all the time in a bag of SW. Just do not let get too cold, or hot for that matter, like next to the heater or A/C. Personally haven't done it yet. Maybe in a month or 2. Maybe have a container with you with the SW to do a pwc on the second day just to make sure you have good water and not have any die off/ammonia affect them.

Each coral can be placed in a bag with water than place all into a box or cooler with a heat pack it's no different from shipping corals , coral shouldn't emit ammonia

Back
Top Bottom