Just couldn't resist.....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ccCapt

SW 20 & Over Club
Resistance is Futile!
Excuse the poor pic. I was watching this baby for a while, so I kept a light on over the qt to get some algae growing for the tang and didn't clean the glass.

pbt_5-08.jpg

The fish is about 5 1/2". That's 1 of those plastic fw caves (I bought it about 25 yrs ago so dunno if they still make them) and it barely fits in the opening. It's already eating mysis and devouring nori. I usually qt fish for 2 weeks and if they look good and are eating good I put them in the main tank. This fish looks clean, but it may stay some extra time in qt.

Wow, very nice coloring. What's with the algae all over the glass?!?!!? Just kidding.

Nice fish, looks like the one I have in QT right now. It may just become my favorite fish.
When I put mine in the QT every once in awhile he was flashing up against stuff. So to be cautious (knowing the reputation of powder browns) I did hypo salinity treatment. Next Tuesday I'm going to start to bring the salinity back up. I can't wait to get it into the main tank. Mine also devours any food I put in there regardless of nori, mysis, pellet, flake. And I thought they were suposed to be finicky eaters.

me too Pitt I just don't have the time right now or the $$. Maybe when the kids are out if the house.

How do you measure fish, does it go by from the mouth all the way to the end of the tail. Or mouth to the end of the body before the tail fin starts?

Fish are measured from the front of the mouth to the peduncle (just before the caudal fin rays).

Back
Top Bottom