Just got back from the LFS... Look what I got!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

binaryterror

Aquarium Advice Freak
I just got back. The fish are currently acclimating to the temp. of the tank. Then I will do a slow drip water acclimation. I got a Powder Brown Tang, and a Raccoon Butterfly. They are aboth about 4in. long. Great condition! Here are the pics!

img_567693_0_113e9eaf1d6a1982989a032d947418c9.jpg

img_567693_1_c202383244b9e77a5b67b7324fb6e941.jpg

img_567693_2_3fc520166f3a958e6b920e9bf1211560.jpg

img_567693_3_996391cee617c94a565bd46efe3a117b.jpg

I will get new pics when I let them into my Main tank. Let me know what you think! I am very excited. I also picked up some Frozen Mysis Shrimp and SeaWeed Salad Green Seaweed. So now I have Frozen Brine and Mysis shrimp, and Green Seaweed to feed them. A good variety right...?

Your tank is less than a month old. You just got a moorish idol and a yellow watchman 2 days ago. Now you have 2 more fish that your tank is not large enough for. You are cruising for disaster.

do you have any pictures of your tank?
Your sig says 55 gal. I believe those are for larger tanks.
Nice looking fish though, Did you return the moorish idol?

Binaryterror, it is very hard to be excited for you over your new aquisitions. I spoke with you privately about your fish choices and you said you understood the importance of researching your purchases prior and you were very upset over not being able to take care of the moorish idol. You really have not done any better with these two fish. Your tank is too small for the tang definitely and that butterfly. They may be in great condition now, but they soon won't be.

I have to agree you are going way to fast and making poor fish choices. The butterflies are not the hardiest fish and the tang will outgrow your tank in short order. You really need to start researching these fish before you buy them. This isn't the first time I've mentioned research first so it's pretty obvious you don't truly care about these fish.
Also, your tank is way to new to support so many fish, especially at one time. You really need to slow down and do some reading. These fish if they make it through the ammonia spike that is destined to occur, will not live long in a tank as small as yours.

Sorry I do not want to sound like a broken record but that is to many fish to throw in to a new tank. I let my tank cycle for about a month and then only added 1 fish a damsel and had him in for a month and slowly added fish in like once a month. That tang is one of the bigger tangs which should not be in anything smaller then 100g. I really suggest taking the it back. You need to think about the well being of the fish. Please stop shopping with your eyes. Sit down and look on the internet at fish go to websites they give you all the info on the fish and then pick one and get it. I dont want to sound like A** Hole but come on there are very smart people on this website that are willing to help you but you are not listening... Please think before you buy anything else. Thank you

you suppose to bleeb out the hole part too. :wink:

Look i just got back from the LFS to with mimall purcheses. 1 ocellaris 1 chromis and peperment. All of them very small. I have a 55 too but mine has been cycling for 10 weeks today. Tangs require atleast a 6 month mature system and for there health a uv sterilzer.

8O 8O 8O
I bet your LFS just loves to see you walk in the door.
All of the fish you have recently added (except the goby) require minimum tannk sizes far bigger then the one you have. You are setting yourself up for MAJOR problems. Honestly, I now feel giving advice to you is pointless :roll:

Tangs require atleast a 6 month mature system and for there health a uv sterilzer.
First time I have ever heard this. Tangs will do fine a tank less then 6mos old when all water paraemters are stable. A UV is not needed to keep a tang.

I have a 29 gal that has been up for a little over a month.

I am just trying to keep my cleaning crew and chromis alive for awhile before I invest in anything larger.

The calculators helped me decide what type of fish to get
http://www.aquariumadvice.com/calcs2.php?type=fishcapacity

The size of the fish listed is full grown size not the size right now. (advisors please correct me if I am wrong)

I value the opinion of all poster who have "Been there, Done that"
(Lando, Brenden, Hara, Fluff and others) for they know far more than I ever will.

I love to go thru the LFS and see all the great looking fish they have.
But from reading here I know that "Nothing in this hobby happens fast" (I think I have heard this from every advisor)

I don't know much about 55gal tank but others here do.

Thus ends my rant, Good luck :)

binaryterror, dude, you should totally go back to the LFS and pick up a couple more butterflies, maybe three or four assorted tangs, one of those lionfish and maybe 7 or 10 triggers. Oh wait, you might even want to get an emperor and a queen angel. That would be awesome! Of course they'll probably all be dead in a matter of days but think of the video you could make prior to the inevitable ammonia death pool...

Disclaimer: I AM KIDDING! :wink: :p 8O 8) :eek: :D :cry:

It is a tough crowd usually when bad choices continue to follow one right after the other and the poster does not a) listen to advice b) do any research on their own c) fish suffer because of the bad choices.

It is uncommon for the "crowd" to react this way to a newcomer unless they have gotten exceptionally frustrated trying to help them.

I really have to agree with all of the negative comments here.

It's been done way to quick and without any regard to the fish.

Well, he did ask what you all thought...
I'm sure he just didn't get the answers he was expecting.
However, I'd be interested to know if he actually learns anything from this.

They are right, too much too fast methinks.

Still...pretty specimens, hope they live long and healthy lives..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom