Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > New Acquisitions
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 07-22-2009, 08:55 PM   #11
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

they look great!!! very adoreable i love your setup!

Old 07-22-2009, 09:03 PM   #12
Aquarium Advice Addict

Nice pictures man. You should enter 1 of them into the SW July photo contest. I would love to see how your daughter acts. Keep us posted. Do you have a full photo shop?

Old 07-22-2009, 09:21 PM   #13
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by maymaycares View Post
they look great!!! very adoreable i love your setup!
Thanks, It was a lot harder than i thought it would be, the planning is key and so are the members of AA who helped me out immensely, with out them guiding me I don't know where i would be, actually I do i would still have an empty tank.
Old 07-22-2009, 09:27 PM   #14
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Etunes View Post
Nice pictures man. You should enter 1 of them into the SW July photo contest. I would love to see how your daughter acts. Keep us posted. Do you have a full photo shop?
Thanks dude, they're tough critters to catch. You have a good idea, maybe I will enter the July contest. I do have photoshop cs3 which I never ever use and my trusty Nikon D70, got to love digital photography. I took those pictures in full manual mode because the camera isn't quick enough to catch the action in full auto which is fine by me I need the practice.
Old 07-22-2009, 09:38 PM   #15
Aquarium Advice Addict

Do you have a photo of the whole tank? i would love to see your rock formation you have in your tank. I am trying to get ideas for my future tank.
Old 07-22-2009, 09:47 PM   #16
Aquarium Advice Addict

The Girls reaction

My wife gave it up, sort of, she told them I had a fish surprise waiting at home for them however they didn't think it was actually fish. They first looked at the cichlid tank then sat next to me and mentioned something about some sort of surprise i had for them ( I played stupid, OK more than usual). I waited ten minutes and turned to my 5 year and said boy doesn't the tank look nice and clear, she looked over at the tank, then stood up, then ran at it at full speed and gave the tank a great big bear hug and kissed the tank for 5 minutes while screaming WE HAVE NEMO IN OUR HOUSE I CANT BELIEVE IT. It quieted down a bit and I thought it was over when she ran at me like a charging bull, head down a little too low and nailed me you know where (The wife found it quite amusing) then gave me all kinds Hugs and kisses meanwhile the 3 year old was and at this point still dancing and screaming 2 NEMO's at the top of her lungs. I must say even as i write this and still in pain it was quite an amazing experience and as they say PRICELESS to see how happy and excited the kids were and still are. Now she want's 1 of every fish from her favorite website Liveaquaria. Oh Boy.
I'm so happy my plan worked.
Old 07-22-2009, 09:54 PM   #17
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

awe! thats soooo adoreable i'm so happy that they were thrilled!! i mean, who DOESENT love nemo?
Old 07-22-2009, 09:55 PM   #18
Aquarium Advice Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by InfernoST View Post
My wife gave it up, sort of, she told them I had a fish surprise waiting at home for them however they didn't think it was actually fish. They first looked at the cichlid tank then sat next to me and mentioned something about some sort of surprise i had for them ( I played stupid, OK more than usual). I waited ten minutes and turned to my 5 year and said boy doesn't the tank look nice and clear, she looked over at the tank, then stood up, then ran at it at full speed and gave the tank a great big bear hug and kissed the tank for 5 minutes while screaming WE HAVE NEMO IN OUR HOUSE I CANT BELIEVE IT. It quieted down a bit and I thought it was over when she ran at me like a charging bull, head down a little too low and nailed me you know where (The wife found it quite amusing) then gave me all kinds Hugs and kisses meanwhile the 3 year old was and at this point still dancing and screaming 2 NEMO's at the top of her lungs. I must say even as i write this and still in pain it was quite an amazing experience and as they say PRICELESS to see how happy and excited the kids were and still are. Now she want's 1 of every fish from her favorite website Liveaquaria. Oh Boy.
I'm so happy my plan worked.
I'm glad it worked out as planned for you sounds like it was a great moment aside from the shot to the nether regions.
Old 07-22-2009, 10:08 PM   #19
is back to save the day!

Yo thats a bang-up camera you've got there. Insanely HQ pics right there. Also, nice tank, i like the way its setup.. i wanna do something like that. Are you going to get corals? or are we just not seeing them in the pictures?
Old 07-22-2009, 10:20 PM   #20
HN1
Aquarium Advice Addict

Too cool man, too cool. Glad it all went well (other than the racking).

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com