My new clown Goby!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JLH-l3ioCub3

Aquarium Advice Freak
He loves perching on the mushrooms as well as the montipora in the background of the second pic!

Attachments

• image-1248775601.jpg
    image-1248775601.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 91
  • image-2573819023.jpg
    image-2573819023.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 103
Adorable! My yellow clown goby likes toperch on my blastos and my candycanes, Ispend ahlf the day shoo'ing him away lol

JLH-l3ioCub3 said:
He loves perching on the mushrooms as well as the montipora in the background of the second pic!

Lol yea they're so cute! My clowns shoo him off the corals for the most part.. He doesn't seem to bother the corals though. I'm thinking about getting another one so he has a friend!

I have a green clown goby and a yellow one. I've heard they can be aggressive to their own kind but mine seem fine. The green one is constantly in the toadstool I have so he doesn't get out much lol

I just caught him on the montipora.

Attachments

• image-4099498051.jpg
    image-4099498051.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 117
I thought that they live in colonies. I may be mistaken. I also heard they lay their eggs in/on the corals and the eggs can harm the corals. Opposite from clown fish the male is the larger of the pair in this goby relationship.

I believe I read that they can lay their eggs under the branches of SPS corals and that a coral should survive if they do. Getting my information from live aquaria. LOL

Ok. After a little re-reading, they usually remove small polyps on the stony coral branches to make a place for their eggs. Otherwise I think the coral may eat the eggs. I also read that they produce an unpalatable mucus that deters prey. Probably one reason why mine has survived among my clowns so far.

I have a green clown goby, if he isn't in the rocks he stays in the leather coral most of the time, and once in awhile visits the mushrooms! Great little gobies!!!

ocean said:
I have a green clown goby, if he isn't in the rocks he stays in the leather coral most of the time, and once in awhile visits the mushrooms! Great little gobies!!!

Indeed! I hate to have a favorite cuz I love them all but if I did it would probably be him!

I'm getting a green clown goby for my future 29 Gallon Biocube. I didn't know they were lime green! I thought they were darker green with red stripes. Neon green is so much cooler!

My green, or warpaint goby has the red stripes, but not very brightly. You can see them if you look closely.

I just looked it up, the neon green one is NOT a green clown goby. It is an emerald coral goby.

Back
Top Bottom