New betta!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Alyxx

Aquarium Advice Addict
So when I went to my LFS today to pick up some ghost shrimp before they close for the holiday weekend, I fell in love. They got a few new bettas in, including some lovely snow white short finned males, but what caught my eye was the iridescent pink/white/green short finned male who is currently sitting on my coffee table. Never had a short fin before but he's just gorgeous! I changed the water in his little cup and fed him a pellet and I'm overhauling my 1.5 gallon qt tank to be his temporary home until I get my 20 gallon back to freshwater in a couple weeks.

View attachment 67824

View attachment 67825

Alyxx said:
So when I went to my LFS today to pick up some ghost shrimp before they close for the holiday weekend, I fell in love. They got a few new bettas in, including some lovely snow white short finned males, but what caught my eye was the iridescent pink/white/green short finned male who is currently sitting on my coffee table. Never had a short fin before but he's just gorgeous! I changed the water in his little cup and fed him a pellet and I'm overhauling my 1.5 gallon qt tank to be his temporary home until I get my 20 gallon back to freshwater in a couple weeks.

Aww he's cute! I saw a pretty white shimmering veil male the other day. Now I just wish I had more tanks. That's a good enough reason to get another tank right?

Of course it is... Anything is a good reason for a new tank, right? My LFS had some snow white short fins too, very pretty. But this guy just called out to me. I had walked in with just the $4 I intended on spending on ghost shrimp to try to avoid temptation but I saw him and went straight back to the car for the rest of my cash. I'm going to try and get some nice pictures of him flaring tonight. He looks so good even in his little tank. I can't wait to get him in something a little bigger. I'm thinking about getting him his own 5 or 10 gallon for the living room to show him off.
In a way I hate getting back into bettas because it causes some severe mts, haha. Once I get one I just want more!

TheCrazyFishLady said:
He is super cute! Good luck with him.

Thanks! He's my first betta in a couple years. My last one was my little girl Belladonna, who was my baby for two years and kept me company in my dorm, went through a few moves, a few tanks, and did tricks for her food. Such wonderful little fish! Mr. Pink seems to be enjoying his new home, and he's already looking so much better than he did when I got him. Now if only I could talk him into tipping... (cookies to anyone who gets the reference...)

He has learned that I mean food already. Whenever I walk up he starts showing off and following me at the front of the tank.

Back
Top Bottom