New Electric Blue Jack Dempsey!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CA_BroncoFan

Aquarium Advice Addict
Just got him today for a whopping...12 bucks!!! So excited. Ive got him acclimating for a while. Ive been waiting for this little guy for quite some time!!!

SDC11792.jpg

SDC11795.jpg

Yeah its about an inch....yeah theyre wayy more expensive if you can find them out here, but i actually just found a really nice fish store a little bit of drive that has great prices and tons of very healthy and well cared for fish. Stoked!!

Very nice fish! :)

12 bucks for that size fish is a pretty good deal. They tend to be priced proportionally to their size since they are reportedly hard to keep.

Very nice fish! :)

12 bucks for that size fish is a pretty good deal. They tend to be priced proportionally to their size since they are reportedly hard to keep.

Yeah, after i posted my requests to you a friend found a really great store and saw these in there, knowing i wanted one and i just couldnt pass it up. No guarantee on it though because they are so hard to find (well for the time being) but they are becoming more and more popular and the best thing about them is that for the most part they are captive bred.

12 bucks , dang thats dirt cheap.

Found any Eb rams out there? my male just died.

The Electric Blue Jack Dempsey is a captive bred, naturally occurring, color-morph of the Jack Dempsey.
from the link...

like guppies that have been selective breed for their colors not man altered. i think its a natural color morph that been selective bred for the color.

from the link...

like guppies that have been selective breed for their colors not man altered. i think its a natural color morph that been selective bred for the color.[/QUOTE]

my bad thats what i was getting at.. wrote the comment before posting the link, thanks

lol ok just trying to make sure we are all on the same page lol.... i dont keep those types of fish so my knowledge is limited on them. for me natural means the same as from the wild. there are a ton of fish that been selective breed and dont look much like they would if you got wild ones.

I tried to alter my turtle by cracking a vial of radioactive goo in his tank ...it really...just.. didn't turn out as well as expected.

Reactions: HN1
Chad, I might have to have you ship me some, they are $30/ea or $50/pr around here.

I tried to alter my turtle by cracking a vial of radioactive goo in his tank ...it really...just.. didn't turn out as well as expected.

LOL you need to throw a martial art-savvy rat into the mix next time :biglol: :biglol: :biglol:

cool fish, though :mrgreen:

Chad, once you figure out whether thats a male or female, you should get the opposite, hope they pair, and make lots of money... assuming they breed? I know about as much about SA/CA cichlids as I do about planets that have not been discovered yet ;)

Back
Top Bottom