new fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fadetoblack06

Aquarium Advice FINatic
So I picked up these Black Ghost Knife and two Banjo catfish the other day. So far as you can see in the pick Puff daddy hogs the spotlight whenever I get the camera near he wants to be in it. I have been feeding ghost shrimp to the BGK and blood worms to them too. So far everybody is peaceful towards each other. Lets hope it continues.

Is the puffer in a fw tank? With other fish?! Eeek. If they are you better get him out they're aggressive and are born in fw but by the time they are a few years old they should be in sw.. So by the looks of it your puffer should be in brackish atm as your slowly killing him :( Puffers can just 'snap' one night.. By the day he could still be happy and by night he could have fins sticking out of his mouth. I'm not trying to sound mean I just want what's best for your fish (P.S. if he's got his own brackish tank I'm sorry for the lecture)

I have a 29 that the two of them are going to be in shortly. I thought ahead because of what I researched before I picked them up. I have mollies in the brackish tank right now and I'm not sure if I will rehome the mollies or the puffers.

Puffers are much better than mollies imo, they're like puppies.. Another warning, puffers can be aggressive to their own type, although I have heard of people keeping two together.. Although is they do 'snap' you'll have two dead puffers since they're poisonous :/

Back
Top Bottom