New fish tank!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

allenday6

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hey guys, or girls.., I am looking to upgrade my 10 gallon tank which I have had for over a year with two very happy, yet cramped angelfish. I realize its too small :( which is why I would like to upgrade to a 55 gallon tank for the lil guys. I really have no idea what kind of decor angelfish like and just what they enjoy. I am definitely a novice and would love for you guys to help. I am willing to do any amount of work to have an awesome aquarium. I would like to know the decor (I will be using artificial plants so keep that in mind).

Thanks guys!:fish1:

South American river look (highly planted real or fake with lots of log work and sandy bottom)

Thanks! So would one big log, gravel bottom (if i cant find sand), and enough plants to make it look fuller work? I'll post pics when its up and running. How long do you think the cycle will be?

That'd look nice if your looking for sand though and you like the look of black sand (which you'd find close to it in the amazon) check out black diamond blasting sand. It's what I use and is $5 for 50lbs! Lol as for your cycle if you heavily seed the tank with filter and decor from your 10 I'd say a couple weeks

Alright! It'll be a couple months, I haven't purchased it yet I have to save up for it, just planning and reading ahead. I will have to look for that sand. Thanks for the help!

The sand they carry at tractor supply co and if you need to purchase it still have you tried CL? One of the best ways to get new equipment in the hobby

I never that about that! ha i just looked and found a good one. do angelfish care for depth of fish tank or is a 55g long okay?

Depth as in front to back or top to bottom. With angels they are a "tall" fish so the more height you've got the better

Front to back isn't as important with angels but ill tell you now before you get your 55 take a look at the 75s. The front to back on them gives you a lot more room to work with decor and is still a 4' tank.. ill never own another 55 only 75s :)

the only reason im going with 55 is because of the room i dont have much room so i gotta work with what i got

Your only adding 6 inches front to back so shouldn't effect you to much but just food for thought :)

I will it's gonna be october till I have the full fish tank I'm budgeting it out cuz I couldnt find one on cl so I'm buying locally

Keep checking CL daily you can save hundreds of dollars on there

A 55 gallon here isn't too expensive just 119 and i am building my own stand. And filter and heater will bring the total up to around 220 so i decided to just stay local.

allenday6 said:
A 55 gallon here isn't too expensive just 119 and i am building my own stand. And filter and heater will bring the total up to around 220 so i decided to just stay local.

Really that cheap?! Where I am they are usually around £500!

Back
Top Bottom