New SW tank!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dr_girlfriend

Aquarium Advice FINatic
catalina gobies are a cooler water species.....the clowns like it warmer....

the tank will be around 76 degrees which should be fine for both

I love catalina gobies, however they are west coast fish and may live in 76 degree water but most likely will be privy to disease. The waters around LA where they are primarily collected are lucky to hit 70 and average around 65 degrees. I would definately QT it for a couple weeks in cooler water and maybe try and ramp up the temp over that time to you main tank. Best of luck, its a cool fish.

yeah, I mean I haven't made up my mind. I'd like to do a cool water tank but a chiller is out of my price range, although stocking it would be easy since I'm an hour away from the coast :D I really like the catalinas, I may just stick with a species tank. But I have time to decide, tank isn't even set up yet. If I could find more people who have actually kept these fish that would be nice to get some further info.

and I dont appreciate passive aggressive posts either hara. I wasn't asking for advice on my stocking and actual constructive information would be nice, like Brisc0 included in his post.

uh oh Cat Fight! Cat Fight! (get it...your avitar is a cat...and...um...nevermind.)

best to give people the benifit of the doubt here. I am sure Hara was just trying to help.

Before you decide to go all species tank, take a look at some of the reef tanks around here. some of these guys have some gorgeous setups. They may make you wish you planned for that from the beginning.

I'd like to do a cool water tank but a chiller is out of my price range

I am not implying that you didnt' do enough looking or anything, but in case this chiller went under the radar I though I would mention it to you. I have it on my 100 gallon and it works like a champ. Its extremely affordable for what you get so I thought I would at least pass a link your way. Once I droped my 2X400W MHs on my tank the temp went nuts but I couldn't spend 800+ on a chiller. This little guy has saved my neck big time for under 400 bucks. Granted I use it to keep my temp around 78 since without a chiller it can swing up to 82. It can't really keep up with much more than that given my volume, but it may very well be able to push a smaller tank to lower temps. Anyhow, the main message of my post is that I found a sweet chiller for cheap. LoL didn't mean to ramble on so long.

http://www.premiumaquatics.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=PC-CL-280&Category_Code=pacificcoast

*EDIT* the link won't take, you'll have to copy and paste it.

and I dont appreciate passive aggressive posts either hara. I wasn't asking for advice on my stocking and actual constructive information would be nice, like Brisc0 included in his post

frankly, I gave you advice that was quite simple and to the point. I think you just decided what you wanted to do and wanted someone to agree with you....thus my post.

As for your "appreciation" of my post...I dont care either way, it was not posted for the sake of appreciation.

If you care to discuss it further, take it to a private message.

Back
Top Bottom