New tank background

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Perryuk

Aquarium Advice Activist
Ok so I've set my sights on a 330 litre tank from all pond Solutions trouble is that it's 29inchs deep an only backgrounds I can find are 24 inchs high ? So am looking for dark blue or maybe black for Malawi tank, can I paint it if so what paint an what method don't want brush strokes. This is gonna be a brand new unit an I don't want to mess up straight off
Many thanks
Perry

what i did was get a piece of acrylic or plexi glass cut it to the size in between the top and bottom braces painted it black with a bit of flake in it then sprayed it with a rubber coating to make it deeper and opaque i hold it up with my power heads since they have magnets and my plumbing also holds it in place cost my $35 bucks to do it and if i ever change my mind i can remove and replace with something new

Me and my friend got some light blue rapping paper and cut one to the exact size of my tank and it works great

paint it. get some Crafting paint from walmart or a craft store. I have painted 3 tanks now black and they look so much better. I did scratch my column tank when I put the HOB filter on tho =( Its pretty cheap to do to. Just do a coat with a paint roller, I found the cotton rollers seem to do better, just keep a lot of paint on the roller, try not to smear the paint. Let it dry really well then do another coat. 2 seem to be just fine.

I buy a vinyl back ground from my lfs its basically a huge sticker on a big roll and they have it in a bunch of difernt heights after usin that ill never paint a tank again it jolds up 10 times better and wont scratch or flake

I was cleaning out my nooks and crannies around here. I ended up finding a sheet of wallpaper that could fit my 55g and a piec eof ci=ontact paper that works on my 38 column. Can't beat free and they look pretty good!

Hey! Can I just ask a quick question about all pond solutions? Is the filtration which comes with it good? Thanks and sorry for going off topic.

Back
Top Bottom