New tank with equipment help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GrandKai

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi, I was able to trade an unused musical instrument for a 150gal saltwater fish tank. I had a 55gal saltwater over 20 years ago with a nonstandard setup. Since I was in college I did not have the money to invest in all the proper filters/lighting. In this new acquisition there are many things I am unfamiliar with and some I am. What I need help with is identifying the parts I do have, what I need and how I should properly hook it up. I am visually disabled so I am limited on funds. I will attach pictures of what I have. Not in the pictures is the tank which has 2 overflow corners and several tubs of coral and about 100lbs of crushed coral/sand mix.

Any and all help would be appreciated, have a truly wonderful and beautiful day.
Albert

Attachments

• 600-1.jpg
    600-1.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 87
  • 600-2.jpg
    600-2.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 69
  • 600-3.jpg
    600-3.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 60
  • 600-4.jpg
    600-4.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 73
Thanks for the reply. So what you are saying is that I would hook up the pump in 600-2 to the sump in 600-3? And what looked like to me a power head is a Maxijet with flow mod? Would I hook that up like a power head would hook up on a fresh water tank without the under gravel filter?

I guess I should have put in the original post what I believe the parts are and if I am wrong if you could correct me.

Picture 600-1 (top): RO with cables. I do not know anything really about RO's so any help would be appreciated
(middle): Various heaters of which I do not know if I need all those or not. Testing kit, chemicles, over the back filter and timer
(bottom): Various air pumps of which I do not know if I need that much or more
Picture 600-2 The black boxes are wired to the silver/white cylinder. This looks like light sockets and was told by the person who gave it to me they were grow lights. I could not find wattage on them and do have 2 bulbs that go in them and there is no wattage on those either. The power head or Maxijet and a pump
Picture 600-3 This I believe is the sump and below it is a sheet of glass of which I also believe goes at the top of the tank for support. Can you tell me if that is correct and if so if it is necessary as I would have to strip the silicone off and re-silicone it in place
Picture 600-4 This is quite dirty and am in the process of cleaning up. It has several foam filter type squares on the left side and a thick paper like lining on the right bottom

As a note I have joined a few forums and posted the same pictures and this is the only one to receive any response. I do appreciate all the help.

Back
Top Bottom