Pearl scale goldfish.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mumma.of.two

Aquarium Advice Obsessed
After the sad loss of two of our goldfish (Francis and Charlie) in the last month, on the weekend we picked out a new little buddy for our remaining three (Boo!, Percy and Fenton).
This is Rupert the pearlscale. :)

image-2090156882.jpg

image-733320787.jpg

image-4066957452.jpg

And the other three.

image-4261411269.jpg

image-3476411717.jpg

I normally don't name fish but there's something about goldfish (and Bettas) that makes me want to name them.

Good luck with the baby pearl!!! They are notoriously difficult to keep. The one breeder near me has pearls that are bigger than grapefruits (and just as round!)! Really neat to see how big these guys get! Hope to see pics in the future as he (or she) grows! :)

Thanks guys :)

Jlk, I debated for weeks about getting a pearl. I'd read about them being sensitive and nearly bought a ryukin instead but thought I might as well give it a shot. They are just so stupidly cute!!

He looks pretty cute. :) What types are the others? I know you have said, but I don't remember. You and jlk are my goldy textbooks. :)

absolutangel04 said:
He looks pretty cute. :) What types are the others? I know you have said, but I don't remember. You and jlk are my goldy textbooks. :)
The big white one is a mutt or just a stunted fantail, the bronzey one with the arched back and no dorsal is a young ranchu and the silvery blue one is a young oranda. Both the ranchu and the oranda will grow a wen (head growth).

What is the size tank ? It kinda looks like it would be a 30 gallon

Back
Top Bottom