picking up my fish, snails, and crabs today!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

proverbs

Aquarium Advice Activist
well...it has been about 3 weeks since i've been cycling my 38 gal tank with about 15 lbs of live rocks and branches. i brought a water sample to the LFS yesterday and they said it was good to go.

i picked out a pair of maroon yellow stripe clownfish and 5 snails and 7 crabs. i am also getting the fish food and tester kit, since i will be testing the water once a week. i'm planning to get some corals in the future when i have more experience.

any advice or comments on the fish? and is there anything i'm missing? i'm picking everything up in about an hour!

You have a plan for acclimation right? If you don't have a drip setup, you know how otherwise, correct?

yes, i've read about the accimiliation but the fish store is about 10 minutes away from my house and i asked the guy at the LFS and he told me that i could just leave the bag in my tank for about 15 minutes and then let my fish go.

Don't do that...acclimation is for the purpose of acclimating the fish to the water in yout tank, which can be quite diiferent form the LFS.

IMO drip is the best.

http://www.aquariumadvice.com/showquestion.php?faq=2&fldAuto=18

Otherwise foat the bag and every 15 minutes add 1/2-1 cup of water for like 2 hours. This allows the fish and inverts to slowly adjust to your tank water.

When done net the fish/inverts from the bag or bucket and put them in your tank. Do not just dump the water in your tank as yu do not know what waste or parasites you might be introducing.

Back
Top Bottom