Red devil aggression

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mvstar400

Aquarium Advice Regular
They seem find at this point but very aggressive it's nine of them now lost two and advice on how to to calm the tank down I keep the temperature at 86 degrees

Sent from my SM-T230NU using Aquarium Advice mobile app

You simply cannot have 9 Red Devils in a 30g tank. For that matter, you can't have 9 red devils in a 240g tank. The aggression is only going to get worse.

About the best thing you could do is try to eliminate sight lines with lots of plants or decorations but even if it works it will be a short-term fix at best.

Red Devils are one of the most aggressive/territorial fish you are likely to find. I would say a single Red Devil would need a 75g tank.

How the Ich doing?

You simply cannot have 9 Red Devils in a 30g tank. For that matter, you can't have 9 red devils in a 240g tank. The aggression is only going to get worse.

About the best thing you could do is try to eliminate sight lines with lots of plants or decorations but even if it works it will be a short-term fix at best.

Red Devils are one of the most aggressive/territorial fish you are likely to find. I would say a single Red Devil would need a 75g tank.

How the Ich doing?

I think they're all "fry". But none the less......

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium advice.

86* are we making fish soup , 30 g x 9 RD :eek::eek::blink:
between the temp and how its over stocked i conclude that is your problem

How the Ich doing?

I do see any white flake on them but I still keep the water temperature at 86 and still doing water change I did put some salt in the tank last week when they where duping in the tank

Sent from my SM-T230NU using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I do see any white flake on them but I still keep the water temperature at 86 and still doing water change I did put some salt in the tank last week when they where duping in the tank
Yes, you should keep temp up for at least a week after you stop seeing visible Ich.

Back
Top Bottom