Stop me I did it again!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Musket

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Okay, so I have been looking for a pleco who will stay small.. I had decided on a dwarf bristle nose. I CAN'T find any.
Well, I stopped in this one store that I have not been in for awhile and I asked, she just said no, we don't get Those... So I asked if she had anything else.. She says they regularly get in dwarf clowns. So I had them bring to to look. I really wanted spots not stripes since I just got 2 bumble bee striped critters.
But he/she was all alone in the tank - well there were a few corys.

I couldn't tell if I'd be mad at myself If I let him get away or if I bought him. So I guessed I couldn't win either way and I bought him. I figured if I was going to be mad anyway, at least I'd have the fish. Almost $10. he/she is about an inch long. Did I get ripped??
Right now he/she has no stripes and just looks mottled. Is this normal? Is it really a clown, brown and tan striped, I swear I did see the stripes...

Nay, you didn't get ripped. I did get mine for $8 at my LFS but it all depends on regions.. And as far as the strips. He/she is most likely stressed. They will reappear. Mine never totally went away but they did get very light. Just keep an eye on it. If they don't reappear, well then you prob have a common.

10:52pm about 30-40 mins in the tank I noticed some stipes on the tail, sitting on the back wall corner. Wow I really had to shrink these to get them to fit, hope you can see them alright. This is my first pix post, I just learned how to do it.

I'll try again tomorrow when I can get a better shot in the daylight. Maybe he/she will be fully colored again. Is there a way to tell sex at this size- at all?

Attachments

• dscf0067-1a_270.jpg
    dscf0067-1a_270.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 47
  • dscf0044-1a_167.jpg
    dscf0044-1a_167.jpg
    86.5 KB · Views: 39
  • dscf0008-1a_181.jpg
    dscf0008-1a_181.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 48
i got my clown pleco last week for about $7 and is he about 3in ... so i guess i got an ok deal?

Back
Top Bottom