Three new corals

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

divedeep1689

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hey picked up three new corals yesterday one is a sun coral about 12 small polyps on it most are very tiny at the moment, four heads of a blue green candy cane, and some orange monti cap the monti was a surprise dont know much about it all i know is its my first coral outside of the zoas lps and softies range. If any info can be givin on the monti let me have it, its about two inches big now i have it on a frag plug with plugs stem drilled into rock so the monti is mid level tank with low flow, and hanging over the other rocks horizoantaly.

The monti will need higher light and cleaner water than your softies, but it's one of the easiest SPS. See how it does where it is, it may need to be moved higher though. The sun coral will need to be fed weekly or so.

Congrats on the new additions. Monti are fairly hardy. Make sure of your calcium readings.

I will be feeding the sun coral twice a week with mysis. Some polyps most are small right now so should i do brine once a week instead of mysis to give the smaller polyps some or will it be able to get the mysis? I use frozen mysis cube plus. If i do brine i will be using frozen cubes.

DD, soak the brine shrimp in some vitamins unless they are already fortified.

So should i go with brine as well (if so i will grab a pack tomorow) as mysis i have heard some people feed thiers only mysis twice a week every three days or so. I just fed it mysis plus i saw almost every polyp get some mysis i saw it suck it down so cool i only buy the frozen cubes that are already vitamin fortified.

Back
Top Bottom