Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Fish Only & FOWLR
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 02-01-2012, 08:22 AM   #21
Aquarium Advice Addict

Acclimation Procedures for Saltwater Fish, Corals, Anemones, Clams and Invertebrates : Aquatic Connection Live the first one I saw. Does not seem like a legit source now that you make me look into it. There were a couple more acclimation pages like that as well

Old 02-01-2012, 03:06 PM   #22
Aquarium Advice Addict

Not sure what really makes a place creditable or legit,but heres some places i remember reading about acceptable SG levels
Maintaining Proper Water Quality in the Home Aquarium
How to set up saltwater fish tank
Vivid Aquariums - Aquarium Help and Troubleshooting
Aquarium Keeping at Home

This link about hyposalinity also discusses studies and experimental tanks
hypoOSTtherapyart.htm

I don't feel like any of us are arguing ,just pointing things out and discussing things we have come across over the years ...I know i'm not at the level a lot of you are ( only about 6 yrs and have only ever kept fish and basic corals,,mushrooms ,rics,hammers,frogs)

FTMMWS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 04:12 PM   #23
Aquarium Advice Addict

No arguments just trying to find...say a reliable source to direct people to for information or a source of info for future reference.
Old 02-01-2012, 05:56 PM   #24
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via MSN to mr_X
I have found many mistakes on the live aquaria website. Calling LPS corals SPS, and suggesting the wrong foods for corals...things like that. I've also seen that websites copy and paste from each other.
Old 02-01-2012, 07:35 PM   #25
Aquarium Advice Addict

Yeah proves theres many sites nt to trust I'll stick with what the guys at my local reef store tell me occasionally. And of course what you guys here say.
Old 02-01-2012, 07:44 PM   #26
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

A really good idea is to get a couple small fish and coral reference books. I have mine in my car so if I find a fish i must have I check it out first in the book. Couldn't live without it.
Old 02-01-2012, 10:05 PM   #27
Aquarium Advice Addict

Great Carey I'm thinking about going to Barnes and Nobel tomorrow and picking up a few books. You know those are reputable sources.
Old 02-01-2012, 10:19 PM   #28
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

I think it's kind of the same even with books. Can't rely on just one source of information. I use the books as a guide and confirm online. But it is nice to have the book handy if youre not expecting to buy something and see something you just MUST have. lol
Old 02-01-2012, 11:13 PM   #29
Aquarium Advice Addict

Well I better get a couple of books because every time I enter my lfs, I must have something. Haha.
Old 02-01-2012, 11:37 PM   #30
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

What books do u have?

Tags
qt tank, tan

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com