10g saltwater

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
this is saving my bacon - i wanna go SW. Gboy66 thank you so much for being so inquisitive and everyone else for being so helpful!! carey = epic. u 2 abra!
can u really use a norm filter with sw? what about a sump? x

Mouth-Brooder-Fanatic said:
this is saving my bacon - i wanna go SW. Gboy66 thank you so much for being so inquisitive and everyone else for being so helpful!! carey = epic. u 2 abra!

Haha thanks! And please, ask as many questions as you desire, because i can learn from all of them. This is both of our threads now haha. What size tank are you planning on setting up? Thatd be convenient if you were also setting up a 10! Haha

same as you - mines a 10 gallon cichlid grow out tank that i want to convert to SW and have live rock and 2 gobies, 3 peppermint or sexy shrimp and maybe corals if i can get lighting.
will i need any special filter compartments or anything?
thank you :) x x

same as you - mines a 10 gallon cichlid grow out tank that i want to convert to SW and have live rock and 2 gobies, 3 peppermint or sexy shrimp and maybe corals if i can get lighting.
will i need any special filter compartments or anything?
thank you :) x x

Nice! For mine im thinking one ocerilles clown, a yellow prawn goby, and a shrimp (not sure what type, im oper for suggestions!) also, live rock, maybe corals in the far-off future! :):)

iv read ur entire thread haha im aware ;P
sexy shrimp are just funny when u tell ppl, thats why i want them! peppermints are cuter and thats what my dad has. he also has 2 clowns and a blue neon goby and a yellow watchman goby, which is unbelievably cute haha.
is there a way to have corals in a norm lit tank or can i add extra bulbs or something? idk! x

Hey guys, could i grow any corals at all with two 15 watt t8light fixtures?

Yes you can use a regular filter make sure it is over rated for your tank. I had a 70 aqua clear on my 7 gallon tank and koralia nano for more water circulation and I had softies and LPS. They basically outgrew my tank so I upgraded. I got tired of fragging. This is a mod you can do for an aqua clear filter DIY Aquaclear Refugium Mod - YouTube

CAN do... is it necessary? iv basically got a norm freshwater, so no overflow or sump anything. whats fragging? x

Cutting up your corals into frags right?

abrahamavelar said:
ya that makes more corals

Ya think i could get any corals with double the lights i have..above. Also, im going to have 2 filters in the 10

so how about if i got a plastic mesh divider to box in a SW plant mix, while haveing a sponge in the other compartment? would i need the sponge?

thanks

You really don't need the sponge it just catches a lot of the little stuff from collecting on the algae in the fuge part of the filter. Basically the ac mod is a cheap HOB fuge.

Back
Top Bottom