125 FOWLR take 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
We sell it by the pound so even if a single rock weighs a half pound we will seel it lol. Heres to hopin i can get it o seed the rest. Thinkin about doing some aquaculturing my own rocks to sell

And so it begins!! The 55 is setup in the basement with all of my existing rock (minus the pieces seeding at work) complete with powerheads, heater, and 2 blue damsels. (yes i know fish-in cycling is a slight against the fish Gods but its the only viable option for us) i am going to bring home the seeded rock from work tomorrow night and hope to all thats holy that the purple coralline will grow. Oh and after taking a step back and looking at the rock in the 55 made me realize something.... I def need ALOT more rock.. Thats going on my list of things to buy in the next two or so weeks.

Attachments

• image-3144398520.jpg
    image-3144398520.jpg
    170.8 KB · Views: 163
Oh and the 55 is gonna be our aquaculture tank... And ill have a 10g next to it for qt. i am not skimping out on qt this time.

once you add the pieces of rock from work, it wont be a cycle. those pieces should be well established with beneficial bacteria. and then the damsels will just continue to provide the fuel for the bacteria to continue to colonize the rest of your rock.

right?

coffeetwitch said:
once you add the pieces of rock from work, it wont be a cycle. those pieces should be well established with beneficial bacteria. and then the damsels will just continue to provide the fuel for the bacteria to continue to colonize the rest of your rock.

right?

That should be correct. Oh, and cause terror to every other fish... Lol

coffeetwitch said:

right?

Itll prob still mini-cycle a bit but 2 baby damsels in a 55 shouldnt be too much of a bio-load. Holy crap Jesse!! I remember when we were just starting out with sw and we couldnt even tell the difference between a live rock and algae, now youve got the principles and causes of cycling and the such down pat. Lol does this mean its time for us to help the newbies?? Lol

Kio707 said:
That should be correct. Oh, and cause terror to every other fish... Lol

These lil demon fish are not, i repeat, not becoming permanent members of my 125 tank

Itll prob still mini-cycle a bit but 2 baby damsels in a 55 shouldnt be too much of a bio-load. Holy crap Jesse!! I remember when we were just starting out with sw and we couldnt even tell the difference between a live rock and algae, now youve got the principles and causes of cycling and the such down pat. Lol does this mean its time for us to help the newbies?? Lol

ha yeah, what im finding out is that it seems like everyone that started going salty the same time as we did have passes me by in terms of knowledge and experience. right david and mike?

i imagine you will continue to teach me new things as your build progresses!

Kio707 said:
U left for awhile, it'll come back to u... Lol

I feel like a Jedi that hasnt used the force in awhile lol. Anywho.. Tomorrow i shall get the 72" light fixture ontop of the 55 to give it some light. Anybody feel like being generous and sending me some caulerpa??

Sooo i just went to reach into the 55 and surprise!!! I get shocked... I was planning on buying a 500w blueline digital heater for the 125 and using this stealth for the 55... Looks like ill being making a trip to petsmart tomorrow to talk to a manager about this, seeing as how i believe there was a recall for the stealths malfunctioning.. Lets see if it works in my favor

huma-huma said:
Sooo i just went to reach into the 55 and surprise!!! I get shocked... I was planning on buying a 500w blueline digital heater for the 125 and using this stealth for the 55... Looks like ill being making a trip to petsmart tomorrow to talk to a manager about this, seeing as how i believe there was a recall for the stealths malfunctioning.. Lets see if it works in my favor

Yep, sure was the reason. They give u a brand new one.

Well it seems as though both petsmart AND petco both no longer carry the Marineland Stealth heaters 0_o.. So i shall email marineland and test their customer service skills out

Back
Top Bottom