125 FOWLR take 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I love fish stuff days! I have quite a bit coming this week too. I ordered 40lbs of base rock, some dr tims stuff, my radion, the leather I just bought from MrX, some plumbing stuff for the 40b, a hanging kit for the radion and some misc chemicals. :) Mine are also coming from separate places. lol BUT I use all the boxes to send out the wedding crap I am selling online so it works out for me. hehe

haha its just funny because i can only imagine what our neighbors think. between the pvc piping, the 2x4's and random empty buckets i bring in, they prob think im building a meth lab lol. see youre selling stuff too though, which adds a whole other layer of complex to it. only thing i have to sell is my 72 coralife fixture.

I literally have an entire room of wedding stuff from my wedding a few months ago. Must be 200 different items I have for sale. Plus the occassional stuff i sell on ebay. lol

I am also always buying tanks and stands so my neighbors must really wonder what goes on in this house. lol And people always coming by to buy and load their trucks with the stuff, the 125g was a day long affair with 3 trucks here to load and parked on my lawn. LOL

hahaha . i REALLY want to get into the tank/setup flipping. just scared to spend that initial money to get a setup. found a 60g cube complete with radions and vortech pumps and he wanted 1000, bet $800 cash would get it.

and thanks to Carey, i just added the Jebao twins linkage controller to my order from fish-street. only thinf that sucks is its a 1 month preorder. thats ok though because its prob going to be a month before the tank is all setup and settled in with the new equipment. (i dont think any of us need help spending more money on our sickness lol)

holding of on the twins linkage. only reason being is because it would have to come from their Hong Kong warehouse and quite frankly im a bit nervous buying the very first generation of a product.

ugh cant catch a break lol. i need to order DI resin for my rodi unit but i also want the 150gpd upgrade that BRS sells. only problem? BRS is out of stock on the 150gpd upgrade.....CRAP!

I have the 150gpd upgrade and its worth every penny. :)

I also flush out both membranes before I make water each time, for about 5 minutes or 10 min. The water going to the di will read over 100, but if I flush I get water going in the di at 5tds which really increases the life I get outta my di resin.
Wasnt sure if you new this already,. lol

yeah im slightly uspet Carey, i was thinking of buying a 150 gpd upgrade somewhere else, as i figured it would still work, but knowing my luck it would be different. i really need to contact BRS because i replaced the pressure gauge about a month ago because it was leaking and as is my luck, this one sprung a leak as well. im burning through di resin because i leave it running, then the ASO builds up pressure to shut off, and it leaks. so it slowly burns up my di resin. i bought the float valve to stop that exact thing, and it only makes it worse.

Snipe, i technically cant burn boxes here but i do anyways. lol i just do it in moderation as to not cause any alarms

I had a horrible problem when using the ato setup on my ro/di, it would spray water everywhere so I just dont use it. I've had minimal flooding but mine is outside on my covered back porch so the excess water just flows down and out the wall line. lol

But yeah, I would go broke on di resin if I had your situation. lol I just went to my fave lfs to day looking for di resin as i am pushing out 1 tds after the di right now. not horrible but still not optimal.

yeah mines in the basement...it has concrete flooring so the mess isnt bad but still its blowing my water bill through the roof. as for the di resin, im at about 25% left on what i have and my 40g tub is full. so i should have enough to get me through till BRS gets the 150gpd upgrade back in stock. my lfs has the BRS bags of di resin but i figured its not worth the extra price (prob double what brs charges)

WP40 will be here by end of day tomorrow!!! id imagine stuff will start rolling in between now and the weekend!! its going to be a LONGGGGG fish weekend for me!

aquacave order has arrived!! which means 1 of 2 things... 1) my controller is in!! or 2) they shipped things separate and my controller isnt in.

just confirmed!! Neptune Apex lite controller, standard ph probe, and 3 calibration liquids have arrived!! at work til 8, then hitting the gym for a bit, then flying home tew start the installation process!

controller is finally in. all the basics are setup, outlets are labelled and running, the PC dashboard is setup. got a couple of failsafes established. cant seem to get the email notifications. I absolutely LOVE this unit and cant wait to see it shine when i get it dialed in and get some add-ons, but ill be the first to admit that this is a pretty daunting install. i dont know if it was just my own personal oversight, but it feels as though Neptune doesnt quite give much hint that this is a fairly involved setup. the physical aspect of installing the equipment, wasnt bad. the tuning/customizing/ software end of it though is rough. all i really need to do is get a longer ethernet cord and a magnetic probe holder. other than that its done. im too tired and half-witted right now to upload pics. ill try to get pics up later but i cant promise anything because my other WP40 is coming in and possibly my leds.

That complexity was one of the reasons I went with the reefkeeper instead of the apex. I'm a simple girl and I like to keep it all pretty simple when I can. lol

cant wait to see what else comes in the mail later, so exciting. :)
Do you happen to know where I can download programs for the radion, that users or exotech themselves made? I know they are out there but I dont see any links on ecotech website.

I don't know of any off the top of my head Carey but I'll look for some when I get to work later on. I'm heading to bed now. That install wore me out lol

Back
Top Bottom