30 gal fish suggestions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MCluett

Aquarium Advice Freak
i have a 30 gal FOWLR tank just being started and i was wondering what people think for fish. i would like:

2 false percs (added first)
a blenny (lawnmower)
a royal gramma

i realize the lawnmower blenny is tricky since it needs a matured tank full of algea to survive so i am on the fence about it, they just seem to have tons of personality.

any suggestion on other fish that would compliment my tank?

i would like to add coral at some point but want to get used to the FOWLR first since this is my first tank.

i am also currently in the process of switching my CC out for sand if that opens up anymore options

i realize the lawnmower blenny is tricky since it needs a matured tank full of algea to survive so i am on the fence about it, they just seem to have tons of personality.

Maybe you can see one eat at the LFS. If the LFS feeds the tank and he eats then you should be OK. If not then dont take a chance.

okay my LFS does have one and seems to be in great health but i will ensure that he can be feed.

any suggestions on some other lively and personable fish, or some colorful fish?

are you thinking fish in addition to what you have listed above? I'm not sure I'd add any more fish to a 30g. Maybe something very small, but I had a 30g with three fish and it was plenty.

awesome thanks maybe i will pick up a goby along with a pistol shrimp that seems like it would be a fun combination, is there any particular goby that the pistol shrimp pairs up with best?

no my list is just some ideas i am throwing around some ideas to see what peoples preferences are i realize the constraints of my smaller tank.

Back
Top Bottom