36 Gallon Bow Front FOWLR

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I think the rock setup looks pretty good. :)

As far as wrasses, what about a sixline? They dont get very big, at least mine hasnt in over two years. lol The thing about wrasses is they like to jump so you'll need lids or screens over the top. Never a bad idea anyways as I have had just about every type of fish jump at one point or another. Even clowns, I have had 3 pairs that all jumped. :-(

I think the rock setup looks pretty good. :)

As far as wrasses, what about a sixline? They dont get very big, at least mine hasnt in over two years. lol The thing about wrasses is they like to jump so you'll need lids or screens over the top. Never a bad idea anyways as I have had just about every type of fish jump at one point or another. Even clowns, I have had 3 pairs that all jumped. :-(

+ 1, my clowns tried and broke out of my tNk but luckily i made a plastic wrap lid so that it absorbed all the shock and stopped them from commiting suicide.

I have a pretty tight fitting hood. I have had experience with a six line in my teachers tank, but it died so we got a possum wrasse.

Oh, didnt see you wanted a wrasse. They dont get very big but they do need alot of swimming room, LA says 55g minimum. Look into fairy wrasses.

This tank is too small for a fairy wrasse IMO. Maybe the lubbocks fairy wrasse if any. I would recommend Wetmorella, Pseudocheilinops, and maybe some Halichoeres. I have a yellow chysus in my 39 and he is a modeled citizen. Flashers are out too.

How should I raise it my store doesn't sell an buffer except for freshwater tanks?

Crushed coral do they sell that ? And if not I used API ph 8.2 to raise the ph it worked fine for me. I have the same set up as you !

Seachem makes marine buffer that safely raises and mantains pH to 8.3. Most pet stores carry it and it works great.

Ya I tried to order some a while ago but it hasn't come in yet :/ and the stores near me don't carry it.

What is the ph about an hour before the lights go out? The key to PH is stability. A stable 7.8 is better than one that bounces around between 7.8 and 8.4. I personally would leave it there if it was me. You could change to another salt and then it will stay wherever the mix allows it to.

Ok it stays consistent I have been testing in the mornings at lunch and at night to check for swings. I don't have anything in it yet so it doesn't change much.

That's a good thing. Salt water is a buffer so I don't think it will go any lower.

Ok. Thanks! So you don't think my fish will hate me for having a lower pH lol

Won't it stay consistent as long as there's no macro algae or corals ?

Back
Top Bottom