6. Line wrasse

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hi. If I may please. I have a new cycled tank and im looking for my first fish purchase ever. I have pods n bristle worms. I really like the look of the 6 line and the jobs they perform and thinking of it for my first fish. but I'm really hesitant because all I read about them being aggressive to there tank mates and I really want a peaceful tank n not have to worry about a bully in the tank. Can you all add some opinions on this? Thank you.

If you have a peaceful tank, and you already have inhabitants in the tank that are already established, I think a Six Line Wrasse would be fine as your last fish in. Mine has not bothered any new fish I have put in. I got all simi-aggressive fish but I don't think that will matter. I say go for the Six Line Wrasse, but just watch him and make sure he is not bothering the others. Again, if all your fish are peaceful and they are already established in your tank, I think a Six Line in as the last fish should be fine. They are hard to catch if you need to take him out and most LFS will take them back as long as they are healthy. Won't get all your money back, but you might get in-store credit for food or something. I don't think you will have an issue thou!

I think the 6 line wrasse would be a good. Choice for your first fish.
As to it being aggressive, its really not aggressive, or not as aggressive as my damsel or tomato clown. That little fish can hold its own, and I even see it swimming together around my azure damsel like they're friends.
My advice would be to get a 6 line, and NEVER get any type of damsel.

If you are doing a peaceful tank, put the Six Line in last.

Agreed. I have a six line and added another wrasse after him and he kinda harrassed the new wrasse for a few days. They get along ok now, but if I had it to do again, if add him last. The mucus cocoon thing is kinda cool, they do it in the wild to encase their scent So that other fish can't find them while they're sleeping and eat them. Some will eat the mucus in the AM, others let it kinda float away and it dissolves. They're cool fish.

Since this was already here, I have to say this.

I found where my guy sleeps (My six line wrasse). It was the coolest thing, I have seen. I took a light and was just looking at my tank at night. (I allow my tank to go pitch black at night, full night affect). I think why I thought it was so cool, was because of the mucus membrane around him. Just looked like a bubble that surrounded the rock he wedged himself under. lol

I might have found him because he picked a new place to sleep, being I added three more fish into the tank. It is really funny how each fish has their own spot they sleep on each night. The Flame Hawk has his rock he sleeps on, and the Yellow eye tang sleeps under him in a little cave, the yellow tang is sleeping a few caves away, and the coral beauty is on the far right of the thank in his own cave. The six line has his place on the upper part of the rocks above the yellow tang, and my Goby took a cave in the middle of the tank. My puffer for whatever reason likes the right corner of the tank and just bobs up and down sleeping.

I don't know why I find it fascinating to see where all my fish are sleeping, but it is just cool to me. :p

Ahhhh baron, I also thought I was the only one who enjoyed this. I could spend some time just watching my fish sleep or the activity that goes on at night! I once had a black clown goby that would sleep all day and then swim around the tank at night like he was doing laps in the Indy 500! Riding the power head flow like a carnival ride!

They dont burrow like some wrasse but they hide in the rocks. I cant find mine at all when the lights go out. And I have seen the mucous bubble floating in the water sometimes in the morning.

Back
Top Bottom