90 gallon aggressive/predator tank stocking help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
All food . For the fish you want feed your fish the hermits and snails and whatever lives is your temporary cuc. Add some every few weeks .

I had an Anularis Angelfish years ago and has been my absolute favorite fish ever. Great personality...really a cool fish. Blue throat Trigger was a close second (look cool and not as aggressive as most triggers).

For some of the others, I think you've gotta look at various sites. The Tusk, for example, will probably have different sizes on different sites. LiveAquaria, as someone else mentioned, seems to go larger. I am no expert, but I am thinking that while larger can't hurt, slightly smaller ( with most fish) can't be that detrimental. I do agree with the 6' rule on most Tangs though.

I use Bluezoo, Vividaquariums and LiveAquaria as references and also have a couple LFS that seem to know what they are talking about.

All food . For the fish you want feed your fish the hermits and snails and whatever lives is your temporary cuc. Add some every few weeks .

thoughts on urchins as cuc?

I had an Anularis Angelfish years ago and has been my absolute favorite fish ever. Great personality...really a cool fish. Blue throat Trigger was a close second (look cool and not as aggressive as most triggers).

For some of the others, I think you've gotta look at various sites. The Tusk, for example, will probably have different sizes on different sites. LiveAquaria, as someone else mentioned, seems to go larger. I am no expert, but I am thinking that while larger can't hurt, slightly smaller ( with most fish) can't be that detrimental. I do agree with the 6' rule on most Tangs though.

I use Bluezoo, Vividaquariums and LiveAquaria as references and also have a couple LFS that seem to know what they are talking about.

i think mike was right about the big angels, my tank is going to be too small for so many big fish. maybe when i get that dream house and have the floor space for a big tank??? but i do thank you for the input!

i looked at vividaquariums and they seem on par for bluezoo for sizes.

i think im about talked into the toby and out of the trigger with more looking online.

thanks everyone and keep the advice coming.

skimmer. it seems like a crap shoot to me as to which is going to be the right one for this tank. i was looking to get a vertex but want more than what the in-100 was rated for and the 180 would have been too much in my opinion. im not really much of a fan of aquac skimmers, not that ive owned any in sump versions. i most often read about reef octopus so i started looking at them. i shot an email to the guy at premium aquatics and i think im going to try this one.

CV-SRO-1000LSS Premium Aquatics - CV-SRO-1000LSS Aquarium Supplies

its not on the bulk reef supply site so bummer there with hoping to get it on a group buy. ill try looking to see if any of the other sponsors offer it before i buy from the above site. i figure im going to get it before the tank and let it break in on my 40breeder then hopefully the tank will only be a few months after that.

btw, the sro-1000lss is the same skimmer body as the XS-160 only with different pumps.

http://www.skimz.sg/

Have a Skimz on my 450g. I'm in the process of an aggressive tank build, minimum 180g. Picked up this used Reeflo today. Agressives need a lot of water volume and skimming. Our first 3 fish here.

Attachments

• image-2451318072.jpg
    image-2451318072.jpg
    142.8 KB · Views: 76
  • image-4051355329.jpg
    image-4051355329.jpg
    111.5 KB · Views: 95
Started a new thread and didn't tell me? Lol... Following. Snow flake eel?

I'm just going to throw this out there twitch . With all this confusion with skimmers why not skip the skimmer and start an algae scrubber?

I'm just going to throw this out there twitch . With all this confusion with skimmers why not skip the skimmer and start an algae scrubber?

i know.

ive read a ton on algae turf scrubbers. i know that they, with out a doubt, work well and can remove the need for a protein skimmer. i run an open stand now, and the stand i have built for this 90g upgrade is also open. with that said, one of the reasons is because of light that will constantly be present. aside from that, i dont have a solid argument against one.

I would look at the reef Octo diablos. The pumps are inside which saves room. Even though some of the sicce pumps have start up issues I pulled the parts out of my pump recently that Jason at coralvue told me and it has stopped the issue so far. They don't all use the same pump anyways .

Back
Top Bottom