acclamating my chromis

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sansouci01

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Just bought some chromis for my new tank. I am doing the drip method for acclamation. How long should it take? they have been acclamating for about an hour now....If the bucket water test the same salinity as my tank would that mean they are ready to add to my tank ?

Yes once salinity and temperature and match put them in. It usually takes me about 20-30 minutes to drip acclimate. An hour seems like a long time unless they were coming from very low salinity water.

I usually acclimate from an hour to 3 hours depending on the livestock. An hour is usually good though. :) You also want them to get accustomed to the change in water parameters from where they were to your tanks, thats why you acclimate so as to not shock them.

Thanks...Just put them in.....my salt water addiction has begun...It's so nice seeing something other than rocks in my tank. I also bought some turbo snails. I'm acclimating them now....

Snails i usually temp acclimate then add them after about 30 min of adding tank water. Other inverts like shrimp, starfish and sea cucumbers I usually go for over two hours with as they are very sensitive to parameter changes.

Back
Top Bottom