Additional Stock

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Trantman

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I added my first two fish two black and white Ocellaris clownfish to my tank on the weekend and wonder what advice anyone could give me on how long I leave it before adding more fish, I am thinking Six Line Wrasse and maybe a goby next and then two further fish before adding a Flame Angel last.
Its a 40 gallon Aquarium.

I believe your plans would way overstock you. I have a little 10 gallon nano where only one clownfish will fit. A pair of clowns (like you have already) require a 30 gallon minimum just for the two of them :)

Its actually a 50 gallon tank based on the conversion you people on the other side of the pond use we convert with 4.55l to a gallon mine is 190 litres.

That list of fish sounds fine. Just be sure to add the six line and angel last.

I would look at something like a Pygmy angel (Cherub or Flameback) for a 50g. I know people will put dwarfs into smaller tanks, but I think 75g is the smallest I would go with a dwarf angel like a Flame.

I would look at something like a Pygmy angel (Cherub or Flameback) for a 50g. I know people will put dwarfs into smaller tanks, but I think 75g is the smallest I would go with a dwarf angel like a Flame.
+1

They like more swimming space and I've been told they get a little cranky when they're cramped up. Lol

Back
Top Bottom