Algae problem....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mikestanked

Aquarium Advice Freak
My tank is approximately 1 year and 4 months old, and this algae on the power head has only been showing and growing for about 3 month's now. How can I stop this?

Really the only issue I see is the algae disrupting the flow.

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20130708_202636.jpg
    ForumRunner_20130708_202636.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 63
Check your parameters, let us know what they are. Also are you using tap water? Conditioned water? Ro/rodi water? What is your light schedule?? The best thing ive found for algae problems is 1) run 100% pure rodi water, 2) do pwc EVERY week, and 3) get the tank on a cleaning schedule

Yeah I will test my water tomorrow and I've been using water a machine that is in front of the local rite-aid, it has like carbon/ post carbon filter, rodi, and UV, the only reason I've been using it is because its 25 cents a gallon. My lighting schedule is 12 hours a day.

I have been slacking on my PWC and cleaning, because of my lack of money and time. I should maybe focus on cleaning and my lighting schedule

does the water machine have a cleaning schedule taped to it any where?
when were the filters changed

Its digital and I got some today and it said it was serviced 7/3. And that its connected to a viable California water source, which I guess means that its drinkable tap water

Back
Top Bottom