Am I fully stocked..?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

styles215

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hey everyone.. I have a general question.. Am I fully stocked..? Right now I have a longnose hawk 2in, yellow tang 4in, regal tang 2in, 3 small chromis, 2 firefish, very small marine betta bout a inch, nemo 1in, cleaner wrasse, shark egg that has 4 weeks before it hatches.. I have a 125g tank.. Any advice would b great thanks!

Btw I am getting a 210g tank at the beginning of the year.. In the meantime am I overstocked? I will do some changes if necessary I have a 30 and a 75g tank..

Help

So you had a bunch of people tell you that your over stocked and then you bought a shark? If your not going to take the advice why keep asking....

Yea this is the 3rd post iv seen asking the same question you are overstocked that shark needs a big tank not a 125 pretty much you can say good bye to some of the fish you have once the shark hatches. Please stop adding fish and start taking the advice

So you had a bunch of people tell you that your over stocked and then you bought a shark? If your not going to take the advice why keep asking....

Couldn't agree anymore. Op, please stop posting multiple threads on the same issue, please stop buying fish, and please use google instead.

What y'all are not understanding is people at store tell me that I'm not overstocked.. Because the fish is small.. They are in the process of building me a 210g tank for my shark.. I at one point had 6 bigger fish in my tank that I've had for a year.. (3 tangs, butterfly, cow,hawk fish) I recently removed butterfly, a tang, and a cowfish.. So I added a shark.. What I'm asking is if I would be okay with these fish in my DT until my 210 is done..

We stock tanks according to adult size not juvenile size. Lfs suck, sorry and I'm a former employee of one. They're there to sell. Try to keep everything to one thread and just update it. Unless it is a new topic

I never had a problem with these fish in my system.. Never had a fish die on me either since I had my 125g which I had over a year.. I run copper in my 30g as hospital and my 75g is a coral tank.. My display tank is my most prized possession.. I like to have awesome looking things in there and I'm no profession but just want what's best for my tank since I just bought my first home..

Between my 30 and 75g tank all I have is a tobacco basslet and a maroon/gold strip clown.. I can always take fish from my DT and put then in those.. Like would like to keep my hippo tang, shark, hawk fish, and YT in my DT and move the smaller fish.. Until I get my shark.. I can't find any info about what I can house with the shark beside tangs and stingrays and I don't want them until I get a bigger tank

Your 210 will be stocked with just the shark a d tangs IMO. Sharks have huge bioloads. I hope that 210 is gonna be 3 feet wide At least

Hey bribo.. I've seen people with shark in a 125g w/ porcupine puffer and a stingray and had then for about a year.. He about to get rid of his shark tho.. Do you tank I should start over and build my 125g around my shark..? I would like to keep my betta in there also.. I have someone that will by my tangs from me.. And I can put my hawkish in my 75 with all my chromis and firefish.. Do you think that would be a good idea..?

Well yea I am but my 210 won't be done till the end of the year maybe in the beginning of 2015.. What do you think I should do in the meanwhile..? Or what can I do with what I have?

My opinion is that you are fine without the shark egg. I kept three tangs in my 125g for several years before i went to the 180g. I had a blue, yellow and tomini.

That shark egg is gonna hatch into all sorts of issues.

Hello everyone. I have a 125g tank. I had a 75g and just got my 125g and now im wanting to change some things up until my 210g is finished being built (maybe at the beginning of the year). @ the moment i just have a YT 4in, long nose hawk 3in, cleaner wrasse, firefish, mardarin goby 1in, small marine betta 1.5in and a engineer goby 4in. the thing is, is that i jus added a shark egg that i got and it has about a month to hatch. i was now trying to build my tank around my shark. i have a 30g tank which i just have a maroon gold strip in so i could put some of the other things into if need be.. what do you guys and gals think should be my 1st move on if i want success in my situation? then you could give me your 2nd,3rd move after that. i really want to keep this shark.. thanks in advance.. i added a few pics of when i had it as a coral tank and how i have it now..

As I said before, a shark tank should be round. And since you want opinions, here ya go.
1 Lose the shark !!! It needs much more now after it hatches for it to live a long and prosperous life.
2 Do more research and less impulse buys. You'll get further with less headaches.
3 Don't create multiple threads on the same issues. It will drive many people crazy. Including yourself.

Also, since you have a few threads going with roughly the same items, your pics may be on one of those because they're not here.

Back
Top Bottom