And it's FINALLY taking off! My 1st FOWLR!!! ;)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
As for doing the sand I would just use a coffee cup so you get as little dust as possible,
I don't have arthritis, but do know what your going through , I have neuropathy in both my legs and arms , I also have no use of my lower left arm , cancer hit me hard
but I still try to manage

As for doing the sand I would just use a coffee cup so you get as little dust as possible,
I don't have arthritis, but do know what your going through , I have neuropathy in both my legs and arms , I also have no use of my lower left arm , cancer hit me hard
but I still try to manage

Thanks for the advice! I'll try that in the morning if I feel better. :)

I'm so sorry about your condition.... It's rough at times with limited mobility in one's joints. I'very been dealing with "unexplained" pains and locking knees since my mid- 20s. I'm 44 now and, last year in October, I was diagnosed and treated for fibromyalgia until my new insurance kicked in this year and I saw a rheumatologist. He requested some more specialized tests and the markers for RA finally popped up. I finally had the answer to so many years of pains.... As you said- we can only try to manage!

It looks like I have brown hair algae. Two of my rocks are like this.... Does this mean that I am ready for reef cleaners?

BTW- Happy Thanksgiving Day! I'll post other pics later. Gotta go to our best friend's house for today's gathering.

Got some inverts today and 2 clownfish! I'll post some pics tomorrow; I'm aiming for the morning. ;)

Here is part of the cleanup crew....

What do we have here.... It's a balancing act! ;)

I couldn't resist the peppermint shrimp....

Now you see the gunk....

Now you don't!

I LOVE my tank and everything about it! Here are my clown fish.... I am in awe with this world!!! Next on my list is to get the back for the tank. I want it to be black.... Meanwhile, my first water change will be tomorrow when my hubby comes home. All else is well--- thank God! :)

not used to seeing jugs in saltwater but , they look cool
I kept shrimp from day 1 as long as you keep up on water changes should be fine
I love the tiny hermits as they add life

not used to seeing jugs in saltwater but , they look cool
I kept shrimp from day 1 as long as you keep up on water changes should be fine
I love the tiny hermits as they add life

Thank you, 54seaweed! The jugs were the first two things we bought after we got the tank and the stand. We liked them, too! I think they give the tank a bit of personality (if I may say so myself!).

Those shrimp are a trip!!! They stay under the rocks somewhere. They've learned when feeding time has rolled around. Two of them hang upside down under two rocks, swaying with the water. The pinch of food arrives and, all of a sudden, all three come out of hiding and swim up to get a flake or two! It's a funny thing to watch! :lol:

How interesting that you should mention water changes. Can you direct me as to how much and how often for my tank? The advice will be greatly appreciated! I think I'm due for a change; my tank hit one month old on Dec. 1.... Thanks again!

36g i'll round it up to 40g 10% of 40g = 4g
4g per week should be fine in my 37g I do 10g only because the fish in this tank are dirty
as they eat live fish and shrimp
my 90g gets 10g water change
every tank needs it's own personality
if I could find a nice treasure chest I think I would add it to my 90g
or a nice ship wreck in my 37g predator tank

Back
Top Bottom