Another what do you think Emperor Angel

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jimailer

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
One of the guys I know at work is moving. He is going into an upper floor apt, so no more fish tank. He wants to give me a 7" adult Pomacanthus Imperator for helping him move, something I'd do anyway. The question is will it work out in my 150 FOwLR? Right now there is a Porcupine puffer (6"), Niger Trigger (4"), Red V Lion (8")and a Yellow Tang (5"). Also 125lb of Tonga Branch. Well what do you think?
I'm going to move all of the rock around before I'd put him in. :roll:

Filters
AquaC EV-150
Ehiem 2028
Fluidized 300

You may be okay in a 150. you can probably give it a better home then the LFS or someone with a smaller tank. i do not think I would turn it down. Lando

Sorry to tell you this but this is one of the many fish that do not do well in captivity
angels are beautiful fish but they dont do well

I know this the chance that it will make it are slim, But will it do any better if I don't take it. There isn't a choise of putting it back in it's home. The fish has been in an aquarium for about 5 months now. So I take it or off to the LFS. The question is can it get along in my 150 with the fish I have?
I agree that some fish should never be taken for our aquariums, but I don't feel in this case I'm adding to the problem. I may be wrong in some eyes but it's me or the LFS makes another profit from a fish that should be wild forever ! :idea: 8O

EXVISOR19641964 said:
Sorry to tell you this but this is one of the many fish that do not do well in captivity
angels are beautiful fish but they dont do well

Given the proper size aquarium, Angels can do just fine. The problem is, people place them in too small of a system.
I agree, would be better off in your tank than the LFS. I think he would be ok with your stock.

It's worth giving it a go.. if there's too much aggression then atleast you tried.

Hello IVE had these fish and though can be aggresive
If it is eating you cant find a better pet in that size of a tank :?

I agree, would be better off in your tank than the LFS. I think he would be ok with your stock

Actually QS, your right there. ANY fish would really do better than LFS. Not that they don't try to take care of them, but you think about this:

They get fish in every week and they put them right into a tank. Sometimes they just put them in with other fish that have been there a while. Disease, collection methods and other things (unknown to the LFS owner) could be wrong with the fish he just got. At least at home you know what you got and in this case you know what you got and where you got it from. To me that is alot better chance.

Mike

Sparky said:
I agree, would be better off in your tank than the LFS. I think he would be ok with your stock

Actually QS, your right there. ANY fish would really do better than LFS. Not that they don't try to take care of them, but you think about this:

They get fish in every week and they put them right into a tank. Sometimes they just put them in with other fish that have been there a while. Disease, collection methods and other things (unknown to the LFS owner) could be wrong with the fish he just got. At least at home you know what you got and in this case you know what you got and where you got it from. To me that is alot better chance.

Mike
Not true Exvisor19641964,Angels are actually pretty hardy in my opinion,as long as they are kept in a nice size tank,they will do well.Have one of my own that is about to change from juv. to adult.

Jimailer said:
One of the guys I know at work is moving. He is going into an upper floor apt, so no more fish tank. He wants to give me a 7" adult Pomacanthus Imperator for helping him move, something I'd do anyway. The question is will it work out in my 150 FOwLR? Right now there is a Porcupine puffer (6"), Niger Trigger (4"), Red V Lion (8")and a Yellow Tang (5"). Also 125lb of Tonga Branch. Well what do you think?
I'm going to move all of the rock around before I'd put him in. :roll:

Filters
AquaC EV-150
Ehiem 2028
Fluidized 300

you dont want those fish then can i please have it? LOL 8O I will pay for the shipping!!!

Back
Top Bottom