What do you think?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jtisle506

Aquarium Advice Activist
Heres my problem. First off let me tell u my tank. 1 yellow tang, 1 hippo tang, 1 lemarks angel, 1 flame angel, 2 clowns ocellaris, 1 firefish, in a 75 gallon tank. I have mixed reef with about 8 different types of zoas, a couple softy's like a tyree toadstool, kenya tree, ricordias, mushrooms, althenia etc.... My LPS consist of a torch, hammers, neon green candy canes, grape coral, and a elegance. My SPS consist of a blue digi, milli's, misc staghorns, tri color acro, and some monti's. the problem is the flame angel. He doesnt bother any soft coral which is good, i know for a fact that he kills acans. He really doesnt touch LPS from the hammer and frogspawn genus, he doesnt touch a single "healthy" SPS. So this is whats going on. He eats dying SPS, or so i think, it seems he only nips at bleaching ones. For example he doesnt touch my huge red monti that its super healthy but on the other hand i just got a green stylo frag today that has a little bleaching and he wemt to town, its about half bleached now. What do you guys think, should i deal with the beauty of him and sacrifice a coral here and there or should I net him, also if he nips at acans what other brains will he nip, lobos, favia, scoly's etc, i really want to get a scoly and mabye favia in the future, what should i do....its seems like im stuck through a rock and a hard place :(

I have similar predicament with my flame angel. I am thinking of getting a nanocube and heal the bleaching coral before putting it back to my 60 gal DT.

Its just so tough to think of getting rid of him, i had him since last years ich epidemic, its such a hard decision...lol

I have the same problem with my crazy sailfin tang he has been eating my dragon soul favia I'm gonna get rid of the tang though because he has caused way to many problems

ooooh, you're gonna get in trouble.... no bumping... Anyhow, I've been considering getting a Flame Angel and have heard about this behavior. I'm on the fence for sure, especially after reading this and hearing other similar stories. Maybe I'll just ad a different fish. So far I've a got a maroon, and will be getting another. I'm gonna add a Dragon Goby and a Coral Beauty pretty soon and then the Maroons will go in.

ooooh, you're gonna get in trouble.... no bumping... Anyhow, I've been considering getting a Flame Angel and have heard about this behavior. I'm on the fence for sure, especially after reading this and hearing other similar stories. Maybe I'll just ad a different fish. So far I've a got a maroon, and will be getting another. I'm gonna add a Dragon Goby and a Coral Beauty pretty soon and then the Maroons will go in.

Dragon gobies put sand all over everything hope you are prepared for that lol

Finally got me a 28 gal nano cube for my corals. My 60 gal will become folr only. Now I can have butterfly fish and all sort and not worry about nippings.

Back
Top Bottom