Aqua C Remora

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dtprkr

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hello to all,,
Can anyone tell where is a good place to purchase the Aqua C Remora skimmer? I don't recall seeing it online at Big Al's.? Also.. would the Aqua C and a HOB filter be sufficiant for a 55 gallon FOWLR or should I get a Magnum 350 cannister in place of the HOB. In addition I have already purchased 2 maxi-jet 1200 to use also.

Thank you for your time and suggestions!

I would suggest one of our sponsors. Depending on the amount of live rock in the tank and how much you stock the tank with fish all you will need would be the remora and the rock. If you have less than 60lbs of rock then I would avocate some form of suplmental filtration.

marinedepot.com has them for 163 with the maxi 1200

You should do LR/LS with a good skimmer and skip the canister/hob filter

I offer them. You also save 6% with coupon code AQUARIUMADVICE I am 1 day UPS from you.

i plan on using live sand with live rock. But why is it that you guys feel that a HOB or a cannister isn't needed? I thought that I needed plenty more filteration. I'm not questioning anyones knowledge,, just asking for my own knowing.

thanks again for your suggestions and kindness!

I hold to the school of thought where you stock your tank lightly. THerefor if you do stock your tank lightly you dont need a ton of mechanical filtration to just trap nitrates.

A 55 gal tank with just 3-4 fish that are medium size and with 60-75lbs of live rock and a DSB and a quality skimmer like the remora and doing biweekly water changes is all you need.

I ordered mine from Logan at captiveraisedcorals. He had to order it in special but gave me an estimated time frame of when I would get it, which turned out to be accurate. He also kept me informed through email of the status throughout the whole process. That's my experience.

I have a new tank so It's not producing foam yet but from the amount of bubbles it is creating I'd have to say the Remora skimmer is worth the money.

Hope this helps

Just thought I'd update you. I received my live rock Friday and the Remora is putting out nice dry foam. If I had it to do over I'd buy this skimmer again.

Hope this helps.

Back
Top Bottom