Equipment advice for novice scaper

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

edafade

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello everyone,

After admiring your tanks for the past several years, I'm finally at a place where I can afford to get involved. This tank will be mostly flora with some fauna. Here is a list of the stuff I currently have.

• BETA Line 60, 74 liters (20 gallon), rimless, rectangular tank
  • Tetra EX 600 plus canister filter
  • Nicrew LED classic light
I do have some questions I'm hoping you can answer for me:

1. Lily pipes - Are they worth buying from ADA et al. or are the eBay pipes just fine?
  2. Lily pipes - I have no idea what size lily pipe I need for my setup. I'm also looking to get a skimmer/inflow combo. What do you recommend? In general, I'm super confused by the measuring 16mm vs. 17mm, etc.
  3. Lighting - do you pay attention to the light spectrum offered by your LED's? If so, what is it you look for or what wavelength is most important for plants/fish? What do you think of the TWINSTAR LED C-Line?
  4. CO2 - I was planning on buying that DIY CO2 kit online and making my own CO2 using citric power, baking soda, and water. Do any of you have experience with this?
  5. CO2 - Which kind of diffusor do you recommend? I was just going to pick up one of the medium Twinstar diffusers since it's a decent brand and fairly cheap.
  6. Heater - Inline vs. the rods? I was thinking about using an inline heater just to make the tank even less cluttered. What has your experience been like?
Any other advice long these lines is very appreciated.

Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom