Aquarium on 2nd Story Floor

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Okay I have changed my mind. I am going for a freshwater system. It will be easier on me since I'm 14 and I do not have tons of income. Do you think I made the wrong choice? I chose fresh because I want to be sure I can give the fish the care they need!?

This does not mean I am giving up because I still plan on being a marine biologist when I get older!?

Giving your wet pets the best care possible is never the wrong choice. Massive props to you for understanding that you can't handle a marine system right now. Hard to find that in kids your age.

As for your freshwater tank, we all have to start somewhere. Down the road in a couple years you can always get a part time job in High School to pay for your marine tank. You can keep it simple to keep costs down.

Also, good luck with your goal of being a marine biologist. Keep your grades up, and get your hands on any good marine bio publications. The more you know now, the better off you'll be in the future. Good luck!

There is still tons of options of amazing fish for you to do with a 55 gallon freshwater tank! I feel your pain though about being a kid and only being able to have the tank in ur room and having to pay for it because I'm 13 and in the same boat!

I think it's pretty cool you can have a 55 gallon. There are plenty of cool freshwater fish out there and it will be WAY cheaper than saltwater. My ten gallon salt cost like 400 dollars to build and I can't imagine how expensive a 55 would be. I also plan on being a marine biologist so good luck with that!

Back
Top Bottom