Beengirl's 30g FOWLR starts!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I just fell in love with this
attachment.php

the flame scallops are fragile keep a good eye on your parameters not letting them swing any
med flow moderate light brine shrimp I seen them fed with a syringe just don't force feed stay back about 3 inch
good luck oh keep it away from hermits or they'll eat him

My waters parameters are pretty stable, so no worries there really. Crap!!! I'm taking out big zebra hermit now then. He does clamp closed pretty quickly, so I'm hoping that he'll close if the few small hermits come near him.
I read they like low light.(?) they're not photosynthetic, so I thought the FOWLR light would be better than the reef lights.

My waters parameters are pretty stable, so no worries there really. Crap!!! I'm taking out big zebra hermit now then. He does clamp closed pretty quickly, so I'm hoping that he'll close if the few small hermits come near him.
I read they like low light.(?) they're not photosynthetic, so I thought the FOWLR light would be better than the reef lights.

Good luck with the scallop. They can be tough to keep. Usually they end up moving somewhere outta sight. Keep us posted!

Good luck with the scallop. They can be tough to keep. Usually they end up moving somewhere outta sight. Keep us posted!

I propped him up between a couple rocks under an overhang at the front of the tank. I'm hoping he'll like the shaded area there. He opened up right after I did that. And the lights aren't very bright in the FOWLR. I'll let you know if he's still around a month from now. Here's hoping!! :)

Should get a clam

I think some of the clams are beautifully colored, but I've never really had an interest in clams, actually. I know that's almost a sin on this forum-haha-but I've never really understood the attraction of clams. Why do you like them?

Here's a pic of the scallop in the moonlight and after I propped him up between some rocks. He seems happy. :)

I think some of the clams are beautifully colored, but I've never really had an interest in clams, actually. I know that's almost a sin on this forum-haha-but I've never really understood the attraction of clams. Why do you like them?

that question can go both ways:lol:
why you like scallops and not clams:whistle:
see I never said I didn't like scallops:cool:
:ROFLMAO:LMAO:ROFLMAO:
there's just that wow factor in how the look under the shimmering light with a clam
scallops have a wow factor too just not as big of a WoW and their just to fragile:fish1::fish2:
but it don't matter anyway if we all choose the same things this place would get boring fast lol :D(y) and it just wouldn't be as fun(y)

Here's a pic of the scallop in the moonlight and after I propped him up between some rocks. He seems happy. :)

I don't see no picture :D

Looks good. I've always liked them. Your tank is looking amazing btw...

Thank you so much!! I love the FOWLR tank, but it's a challenge getting some color in there due to the lack of coral. I'm hoping the scallop will live and add some needed color. :)

Thanks! She so pretty when you can see her whole body. Usually we just see her head and she'll dart out for food, too quick to get a good pic. I think she was checking out the scallop. Haha

Ok so I'm not happy. Looks like the scallop is not gonna make it. :( Saw my cleaner shrimp reaching into the shell and eating bits of it. Not sure if the hermits got to it or what, but the shell is closed and I can see that half of it is gone inside. No more scallops for me, ever. The rest of the tank is good.

Ok so I'm not happy. Looks like the scallop is not gonna make it. :( Saw my cleaner shrimp reaching into the shell and eating bits of it. Not sure if the hermits got to it or what, but the shell is closed and I can see that half of it is gone inside. No more scallops for me, ever. The rest of the tank is good.

Sorry to hear of the loss. Those are unfortunately one organism that are just not suited well for aquaria. So many of us (myself included) learn that one the tough way.

Sorry to hear of the loss. Those are unfortunately one organism that are just not suited well for aquaria. So many of us (myself included) learn that one the tough way.

Yeah, it sucks. Hate learning things the hard way. :/

Back
Top Bottom