changing tanks

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tmkx3

Aquarium Advice Freak
I am considering changing from my 125g 6ft long tank to a 92g bow front corner tank. The 6 foot long takes up way to much room. I currently have 5 fish 2 tangs, a yellow and a powder blue, a foxface which is pretty big, and 2 clowns. I have been told that the difference in sizes of the tanks shouldn't be a factor. That there really isn,t that much difference in the surface area. Any thoughts?

Well considering the 92bow is what... 48inch-4 feet? and the 125 is 6 feet, I think with two tangs you should keep the 125...IMO

The tangs and foxface need swimming room. Stay with the 6' tank. I wish I had the room for an 8' tank. It's not just surface that counts. Some fish need room to swim. They will be overcrowded in a 4' tank.

I kind of agree. Tangs need plenty of length for swimming area. If it was up to me I would stay with the 6 ft tank. But if you dont have the space then what can you do. I`m just making sure you know that the person that said it wont make a difference is not right.

Have you considered going to a 4' 120g tank? They are deeper then the 92 bow and would accomidate a little more swim room.

If you can manage I would stick with the 6' tank as well.

Back
Top Bottom