Clownfish habbits

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

aadair22

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Hello, I am new to sw and currently have a 55g with 15 lbs lr, two clowns, 3 turbo snails and 1 Halloween hermit. My question is the clowns.. Every morning when I turn the lights on, one is in the top right corner of the tank and the other on the left side.. After I turn the lights on they swim farther down into the tank, but seem to spend a lot of time right below the surface as well.. Is this normal or perhaps because they have 55 gallons to themselves? Any info is much appreciated.

Are you worried that they sleep in the corners? This i what mine does every night! He sleeps in the left corner of the tank near the powerhead. Not sure i that was your question or not., :)

Haha good enough.. I guess I was under the impression that they would spend more time hiding or hanging round the rock.. They actually are hanging out right by the power head right now.. Guess they are normal? Thanks!

Haha ya i was under that impression as well! They seem to float near the surface, but i dont have a pair so im sure that would change their behavior. Once you add a few more fish im sure they will go near the rocks more! Good luck!

Thanks.. That's what I'm hoping.. Right now 55 with 15 lbs of lr and two clowns is a pretty bare tank, so that's what hoping that when more is added, they will find a spot to make their own.

Back
Top Bottom