Coraline algae

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

woody390

Aquarium Advice Addict
I have heard this is bad for people's tanks as it clogs up the porous rock, is this right and how can I get rid of it if this is the case?

Coralline is good. Idk where you heard that but almost all mature tanks are covered in it. It competes with pest algae and is pretty lol.

If coralline algae doesn't grow, stoney corals won't either. A reef is not a reef without it. It can be a pest to clean off of power heads and such, but it's growth is part of having high calcium levels to support coral growth.

If you have a fish only system, just keep calcium levels lower and coralline growth will drop.

Fair enough as I said just a case of someone telling me it affects the porouseness of the rock. So of I am growing corralling will I be ok for stony corals do you think?

Fair enough as I said just a case of someone telling me it affects the porouseness of the rock. So of I am growing corralling will I be ok for stony corals do you think?

I think it's presence indicates your cal/alk is in order. It doesn't require hardly any light, so it's presence indicates water quality, but means nothing as to lighting and flow.

I think it's presence indicates your cal/alk is in order. It doesn't require hardly any light, so it's presence indicates water quality, but means nothing as to lighting and flow.

+1
Lighting and flow are just as important to stony coral health and growth as good water parameters.

Cheers was going to say didn't think stones corals would grow with 4 54 watt t5 lights

Back
Top Bottom