Cover

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cb24

Aquarium Advice Freak
What are some good ideas for a cover for 90 gallon tank 48 inches by 18 inches wide?

Egg crate!! Go to lowes or Home Depot and just cut it to size. I've done it with both my 90 FOWLR and my 90 cilchid tank. You can find the stuff in their ceiling section

image-42425626.jpg

image-1646870924.jpg

What about a like metal screen type thing

What about a like metal screen type thing

Those are better for reptiles, they will get nasty from the humidity and get covered with calcium. Why not get glass custom cut? Just a thin pane would be fine

I agree with Egg crate all day long. Cheap and incredibly easy!

image-3822231700.jpg

I actually have a BRS cover kit in my other room, but didn't feel like assembling it and dealing with it lol... Maybe some day.

I do agree that eggcrate is cheap & easy to use.... I have it on my QT tank. But, IMO, for a nice looking DT, it looks kinda cheesy. Not only that, it's also designed as a light diffuser..... I can almost guarantee it's affecting your PAR readings, especially when used under a suspended light.

Last edited:
I do agree that eggcrate is cheap & easy to use.... I have it on my QT tank. But, IMO, for a nice looking DT, it looks kinda cheesy.

I do agree it looks a little on the cheeeeeese side, but when I came home to a $40 Springers Dottyback that went carpet surfing, a quick/cheap/effective solution was necessary... Just thankful I hadnt lost anything else while
I ran an open top!

Back
Top Bottom