cranking up a fowlr!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

thenation48

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I have been swimming around the board for awhile in preparation for starting a tank. Currently dont have a set up, but would like some suggestions for an aggressive beginner.

Im thinking a FOWLR, 75 gl, is best suited for me. A reef seems a bit much for $ and effort. Can some of you please provide some insights for me. Im leaning toward a glass tank and a DIY stand/canopy for starters. BUt the rest of the equipment is kind of a blur due to all the info and choices. Many thanks and glad to be here.

I personally like glass better. It does not scratch as easy but there are others here that like acrylic because they say it is stronger. I`ll help you out and start a poll question asking folks which do they favor and why. That will give you an educated answer.

OK it`s started in the site poll forum. Keep an eye out for the opinions.

Last edited:
Many mnay thanks

I should mention I have a very curious 4 yr old and a now quickly moving 1 yr old. SO, safety and durability are perhaps competing concerns. :shotgun::shotgun:

FWIW I have both-a glass tank and an acrylic one. If I ever go to get another tank I will get a glass one hands down. My acrylic one was less than 2 months ago and has scratches on the front (I really get into scraping I guess). My glass one is so much more durable in that regard.

Hope that helps!

i like glass but rember it weighys alot more than acrylic my 240 gallon took 5 people to move where acrylic would of only took 2

Back
Top Bottom