do you need a canister filter if you have live rock?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Criptix

Aquarium Advice Freak
I am planning a 45g fowlr and am stuck on the additional filtration needed.I am planning on using 80 lbs of lr or a little less but I know I will need more filtration.Do I need both a protein skimmer and a canister filter or will a protein skimmer be enough?I just want to make sure I am using the filtration needed to have a healthy tank and fish.I have read about DSB and seen some tanks with plants.Is that beneficial in a FOWLER?Any help would be appreciated.:banghead:
I plan to have a cuc with a Lawnmower Blenny,3 blue/green Chomis and a Purple Fire Fish.Is this to much for my 45g with lr.

I am planning a 45g fowlr and am stuck on the additional filtration needed.I am planning on using 80 lbs of lr or a little less but I know I will need more filtration.Do I need both a protein skimmer and a canister filter or will a protein skimmer be enough?I just want to make sure I am using the filtration needed to have a healthy tank and fish.I have read about DSB and seen some tanks with plants.Is that beneficial in a FOWLER?Any help would be appreciated.:banghead: I plan to have a cuc with a Lawnmower Blenny,3 blue/green Chomis and a Purple Fire Fish.Is this to much for my 45g with lr.
Stocking list is good but research research research any fish you plan to get. Just the skimmer will work fine. Spend the money you would have in a canister for a better skimmer

What are some good sites and books to learn about the different breeds?

Live aquaria, vivid aquariums, and there's a category on here for fish profiles as well that have already been written

Back
Top Bottom