Feeder question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

catmel

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Well, going on 6 weeks now my little guy has been in QT.. going to wait another week to put him in just to be sure! Hes doing great.

Anyway, I have a question about automatic feeders. I'm going on vacation in Sept for about 5 days. At this point in time all I will have in my 55 gal fowlr is 2 clowns, 2 peppermint shrimp, a cleaner shrimp, sally lightfoot crab ( so far so good with this guy.. ive heard mixed reviews) and about 7 snails... my question being should I invest in an automatic feeder before I go on my mini vacation or would they be ok for 5 days feeding of the LR? ( I have 60# in right now ). I know for longer vacations it'd prboably be a good idea.. but figured I'd ask.

If so.. whats a good one to get?

thanks!! :)

I'll ask around. I havent lived here too long so dont know too many people yet ( just bought a house and moved recently). Just wanted to know a good auto feeder just in case ;) I've seen a few online.. ranging from about $15-90 is one better than the other?

For 5 days they should be fine with an extra feeding before you go. I really don't trust those auto feeders. When I have someone come over for me it's just every 3 days and I leave baggies with food already portioned for them.

Well, going on 6 weeks now my little guy has been in QT.. going to wait another week to put him in just to be sure! Hes doing great.

Make sure to bring the salinity up over the course of one week, then put him in.

I have no experience with auto feeders. I just do the pre-portioned sandwich bags like cmor.

yep, taking it slowly!

Gotcha, just wanted to see if they should be ok for now, Im sure by next vacation ill have someone who can come to feed 'em, especially if its longer.

Back
Top Bottom