Feeding Help!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DillonMcCain

Aquarium Advice Regular
I have a 40 gallon FOWLR with a Picasso triggerfish, a snowflake eel, 2 hermit crabs, 2 turbo snails, and a yellow tail damsel. I am going out of town for 3 days, and I am worried about my fish not being fed. I am leaving next Saturday so please help!!!!

A trigger and an eel have no business being in a 40 gallon tank. That said, 3 days will not hurt them at all. I have fed a tank I maintain only twice a week for a few years now with no Ill effects. The fish are fat and happy.

+1. No trigger or eel in a 40. Way to small.

Fish can go for a long period of time with out eating. That being said, they should be fine for three days.

Its a 40 breeder and the fish are fine. I will just leave them for the 3 days and hope that they will be ok. The trigger is really small and the eel is only 8 inches.

3 days is fine. These fish don't get food in the wild every day. Predators like eels may fail several days in a row to find a meal. I feed my fish every 2-3 days and they're fat and happy

Its a 40 breeder and the fish are fine. I will just leave them for the 3 days and hope that they will be ok. The trigger is really small and the eel is only 8 inches.

The trigger is small for now, and so is te eel. Never buy fish according to future plans. We never know what life will throw at us.

Back
Top Bottom